Forum new skin

GBP

• Replies 24
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, GBP said:

The new graphic of the forum is fine but i noticed it has a high CPU usage.

Not finding any significant CPU hike, on this skin with Firefox and Edge loading this page simultaneously.

My CPU is below 11% . . . what about you?

19 hours ago, UberGeek said:

Not finding any significant CPU hike, on this skin with Firefox and Edge loading this page simultaneously.

Mine is about 10% but, with only nsaneforum page opened, it should be about 1%-2% as it was with the old skin

It isn't much of a problem to me, it peaked max at 20% for a few secs and then rapidly dropped to 1%. I have an old-ish laptop. Though, it's improved the design by quite a lot and it's very pleasant to look at, so I think it's worth it.

7 minutes ago, jcvo said:

The theme is fine but a dark one should also be added since it is very bright it damages the view

r0RXlAn.gif

Regardless of dark or light theme, the CPU consumption remains the same for me.

On 12/31/2020 at 11:18 PM, UberGeek said:

When I'm using no other apps. & programs, except 1 browser . . . the CPU consumption settles-down to 1-2%.

I like it over previous theme. Looks cleaner and modern.

• Administrator

Guys who complained about CPU usage please check right now if it's better or worse and report back.

The previous skin was very heavy my iPad couldn’t render it but this new theme is very smooth and I can open it in my iPad too.

13 hours ago, Matt said:

Guys who complained about CPU usage please check right now if it's better or worse and report back.

Definitely better🍻

• Administrator
8 hours ago, GBP said:

It doesn't seems to be fixed for me

This is would be impossible because I have increased most of the animations, and in here it's completely dropped. 

This is my task manager with only nsaneforums page open. I must say that it is an old and poor PC but the same doesn't happen with other web page.

SharedScreenshot.jpg

I'm also seeing high, constant CPU usage, both on Pale Moon and Edge. Erased cache/cookies etc. and pressed 'Mark site read'. Admittedly, it's a 12-year old CPU. It's interesting that when I switch to another tab (without unloading the nsane tab) CPU usage goes immediately down. This occurs on both browsers.

My computer is 3 and a half years old. Win 7 (x64),

and using Firefox. With Nsane page open my CPU

usage is very low..fluctuating between 0-1%-2%:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

@MattSeems firefox can handle power resource quite well while on edge (chromium) CPU usage very high. Also I notice there constantly auto refresh (or auto-save?) on the background maybe that is the culprit.

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, 7even said:

@MattSeems firefox can handle power resource quite well while on edge (chromium) CPU usage very high. Also I notice there constantly auto refresh (or auto-save?) on the background maybe that is the culprit.

Can you give more details ? 

• Administrator
4 hours ago, funkyy said:

My computer is 3 and a half years old. Win 7 (x64),

and using Firefox. With Nsane page open my CPU

usage is very low..fluctuating between 0-1%-2%:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

This is because you are using the default IPS theme. 

• 5 weeks later...
On 1/16/2021 at 12:41 PM, Matt said:

Can you give more details ? 

That little circle at the top right corner.  Thought it was auto-reload but apparently isn't.

But I agree that too many animations and javascripts make website heavier and can cause pain for older devices.

• Administrator
5 hours ago, 7even said:

But I agree that too many animations and javascripts make website heavier and can cause pain for older devices.

Most of the animations have been removed, and the only animations left are on back to the top and the search bar. Like 95% from the animations were removed long time ago which now made CPU usage just normal, and for a very vey old computers we have more than one option to use as a theme. Moreover, I recently added a new IPS dark theme to the theme list. 

Archived