Fastest Disk Imaging Software for System Backup & Restore, Other Than Macrium or AOMEI Backupper !

XRE

i am searching fastest software for system backup [Drive C + System Reserve] & recovery for Windows 7,

i am already using Macrium Reflect & AOMEI Backupper,

is there any other software more fast than these two..  ?

• Replies 13
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm!

That is surprising, isn't it?

One looks for a software which does or accomplishes the work to the needs of the user, and not the fastest.

Remember "the shortest way home is not always the quickest"

These two you have mentioned seem to do the work appropriately-what more do you need?

Of course there are many such software programs on the market as sand on the sea, the question should be-which one does a better job?

Well if you set it up to do incremental back-ups its only the first that will take the most time plus it can be set to run in the background, so why the need for a fast backup?

Acronis seems to work fine for my monthly back ups.

1 hour ago, GBP said:

Personally I use Paragon HDM 15 to backup my C drive and it takes about 10 mins to backup about 100GB from SSD to an external HD.

if i am not wrong you are telling direct transfer from ssd to hdd,

i want to make backup of c drive+system reserve  of hdd and save the backup image on  drive d or e, and restore to on c drive+system reserve (same hdd),

is Paragon HDM 15 advanced or business ? can you share with me,

2nd is it better than free version/community edition of Paragon Backup & Recovery ?

1 hour ago, XRE said:

if i am not wrong you are telling direct transfer from ssd to hdd,

i want to make backup of c drive+system reserve  of hdd and save the backup image on  drive d or e, and restore to on c drive+system reserve (same hdd),

is Paragon HDM 15 advanced or business ? can you share with me,

2nd is it better than free version/community edition of Paragon Backup & Recovery ?

I am talking about a full image backup of my system disk C (it's a SSD) to an external HD.

It is Paragon HDM 15 Premium and has more function than the free edition.

Since Macrium was mentioned I just thought I'd add that early in 2021

Macrium v.8 will arrive:-:dance::dance::dance:

Reflect 8 features include:

• Automatic partition resizing
  • Windows ReFS and exFAT filesystem support
  • viBoot - virtualBox support - for systems that don't support hyper-V
  • Dark Mode and high DPI support

For me, Acronis is faster and as a matter of fact, have found it to be the fastest.

Acronis possesses the capability of backing-up the primary internal system drive (C:\ drive) right into the C:\ drive itself. In my own use-case, the (C:\ drive) is an NVMe SSD and most users today, use SSDs, as their primary system drive. This ensures that Acronis completes a backup image within 14 minutes, for me and a restore within 7 minutes.

In short, Acronis is capable of backing-up any drive into the same drive . . . including external drives (regardless of SSD/SSHD/HDD.)

With that been said, I don't think speed should be the prime criterion . . . reliability matters more in this particular maintenance.

ps:

Acronis is comparatively daunting to the uninitiated and can be overwhelming for newbies.

May I just add you would be more secure and safer backing up to an external drive which you unplug when not in use rather than another internal drive which may get corrupted by malware or hardware failure..

11 hours ago, Arachnoid said:

May I just add you would be more secure and safer backing up to an external drive which you unplug when not in use rather than another internal drive which may get corrupted by malware or hardware failure..

Theoretically, a very sound principle . . . something which I used to follow religiously when I was using Macrium (also, because I was obliged to do so.)

However, Acronis has this capability of creating it's own proprietary partition known as ASZ (Acronis Secure Zone) where it stores backup/s . . . these backups are accessible to only Acronis products and therefore remain unaffected by malware (and most hardware issues.)

However, backups can be lost in case of a total hardware failure of the system drive . . . you do make a very valid point (reputation to you for the same.)

Edit:

Damn, have run out of reputations for the day. :huh:

On 12/26/2020 at 5:26 AM, XRE said:

i am searching fastest software for system backup [Drive C + System Reserve] & recovery for Windows 7,

i am already using Macrium Reflect & AOMEI Backupper,

is there any other software more fast than these two..  ?

I use EaseUS ToDo Backup Free.  I have tried both Macrium & AOMEI.  EaseUS seems faster to me.  Give it a try.

SouthernStar

terabyte_drive_image_backup_and_restore is very good, probably a little harder to use, for the noob, but in my top 3

Archived