• Yes Pfizer
    • Yes Moderna
    • Yes Johnson and Johnson
    • Yes Sanofi and Gsk
    • Yes Novavax
    • Yes CureVac
    • Yes Sputnik V

3 hours ago, funkyy said:

I got my first Pfizer dose on 2nd June and a second Pfizer dose on 30th June. 

I'm 66 years old and lucky to have reasonably good health. I've never smoked and

have drunk less alcohol in my life than other Scots drink in a weekend.

I had absolutely no side effects from the Pfizer vaccine (except that my wife seems to be making sense!!! lol) and I'm due a third dose at

the end of November/beginning of December.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Young man, i smoked like a chimney for more than 40 years and flushed thousands of dollars in beer and wine out.  Got the vaccine with wifey who was almost ill with the side effects and so i have time to post here more than i like or want.  No control is the side effect, i guess, eh?

:w00t: :w00t:  :w00t:

Edited by aum
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, aum said:

Young man, i smoked like a chimney for 55 years and flushed thousands of dollars in beer and wine out.  Got the vaccine with wifey who was almost ill with the side effects and so i have time to post here more than i like or want.  No control is the side effect, i guess, eh?

:w00t: :w00t:  :w00t:

Hello aum,...I've run out of "likes" so I couldn't put one on your post. Yes the side effects seem to be very unpredictable and that adds

a worry for the people who are unsure whether to get vaccinated or not. At the beginning of the pandemic I thought a lot about the 

need to be vaccinated and I read as many reports as possible about the various vaccines. I finally settled on Pfizer and, so far, I don't

regret my decision. As for the lunatics who say it's all a "conspiracy"....if governments wanted to have us ingest something that would

give them more "control" over us, they'd just put it in the water without saying a word...we all drink it in some form or other last time I looked.

Sadly people rightly distrust politicians due to their talent for lying so it's difficult to believe them at this time of crisis.:hi::hi::hi:

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, funkyy said:

Hello aum,...I've run out of "likes" so I couldn't put one on your post. Yes the side effects seem to be very unpredictable and that adds

a worry for the people who are unsure whether to get vaccinated or not. At the beginning of the pandemic I thought a lot about the 

need to be vaccinated and I read as many reports as possible about the various vaccines. I finally settled on Pfizer and, so far, I don't

regret my decision. As for the lunatics who say it's all a "conspiracy"....if governments wanted to have us ingest something that would

give them more "control" over us, they'd just put it in the water without saying a word...we all drink it in some form or other last time I looked.

Sadly people rightly distrust politicians due to their talent for lying so it's difficult to believe them at this time of crisis.:hi::hi::hi:

There was neither rumination nor hesitation about getting vaccinated. No regrets either.  I no longer indulge in (the futile business of)  understanding now as there is a surety that I cannot understand anything in (and about) our universe.  It's there.  Period.  

:dance:  :dance:  :dance:

Vaccinated last summer with 2 dosis of Pfizer (aka "Comirnaty" which was approved by the FDA).

About the secondary effects ? To resume, nothing remains after a period between 24 and 48 hours (my muscles of my arm was almost paralysed and I was very exhausted).

PS : Nothing else ? That's right and one advice take 1 or 2 pills of paracetamol (1000 mg). It can help to sleep and to stop these feelings (because in fact my arm was a lot heavier).

Edited by Ecarion

Still not any injection to me, simply I dont want it, now here in Denmark they start talking about booster number four, so no this isnt good enough for me, I have been and still are working in frontline since covid start almost two years ago (we are been tested for covid every day at work start) and I will just like always take care of my self my way and not like what goverment want to put in me.

Edited by donkey-girl
more info

On 10/27/2021 at 6:50 PM, donkey-girl said:

Still not any injection to me, simply I dont want it, now here in Denmark they start talking about booster number four, so no this isnt good enough for me, I have been and still are working in frontline since covid start almost two years ago (we are been tested for covid every day at work start) and I will just like always take care of my self my way and not like what goverment want to put in me.

donkey-girl, I respect your decision and your right to make your own decision. You have been fortunate to have avoided Covid while working in the frontline. But do you really believe that all these governments have made a secret agreement to inject "something" into all the people of their individual countries? Politicians in one country can't/won't agree that Tuesday is the day after Monday, and governments of different countries argue over the price of a packet of cigarettes......so do you really believe that all these right wing, left wing, Communist, Capitalist, military dictatorships etc would all have a secret meeting(s) to create a fake medical crisis with the aim of injecting us all with "something"? To have a conspiracy like that you would need the cooperation of hundreds of thousands of people...and you would need their silence. A conspiracy made up of that many people would leak like a sieve.

Covid is real and it's killing people.:doctor::doctor::doctor:

• Like 3

@funkyy People can talk as much they want for the vaccine special covid vaccine, more than 60% of the people laying in hospital here in Denmark are fully vaccined but still got infected again, nope its too a fast maked vaccine and I wont take it,btw in my whole life I havent got as much as one injection of any kind of vaccines and I stay with that,what other do is not my problem I wont join the group even if it should be done with force. Stay safe.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/25/2021 at 5:02 PM, flash48 said:

Remember, according to the zombie movies the quickest way to kill a zombie is a head shot!

Rule #2: Double Tap

I needed to be vaccinated to finish something that started before COVID began. Do no harm also applies to frontline staff resistant to being vaccinated.

On 10/29/2021 at 7:40 PM, funkyy said:

Covid is real and it's killing people.

@donkey-girlyou may be history! Not for you but for your family, friends, coworkers and customers since you are a first responder.

But also keep them from unintentionally spreading it to parents and grandparents who may well be more susceptible to more serious infections even if they are vaccinated.

We are all in this together and that we have a shared responsibility to protect the most vulnerable among us.

Edited by vitorio
  • Like 3

donkey-girl  you really would not like what I think of people who do not care about their fellow man (or woman) that do not have a jab IMHO its a selfish and stupid idea bearing in mind I am 72 I grew up with Vaccinations being a normal everyday event i.e Polio Mumps Measles etc etc back then NO BODY missed a jab,and now those illnesses are virtually unknown in the west except via immigrants bringing it with them from their own countrys I wondering how long it will be before you find you cannot go anywhere because you haven't had your jabs a lot of Airlines refuse people that haven't had them like wise fly to the UK (thats if you can get a flight without the jabs) and the first thing that will happen to you is thrown in a Government run Isolation Hotel which YOU pay for for 14 days. 

I dont have the Flu jab as I havent had it and have not suffered with flu for over twenty years But for your info I had my Booster jab for COVID last weekend and over here the Booster is always another type from your first two jabs as the powers that be have discovered you get a better resistance by doing so, and for your information in the UK they have done a study and out of the people turning up at hospital over 80% are people like you that haven't had the jabs and even more important the deaths being registered in hospitals are nearly 90% NONE VACCINATED PEOPLE.

Remember its not just you that you get vaccinated for but people around you like your Parents and grandparents thats of course if you care about yours?.

Edited by Matt
Removed text formatting.

Oh BTW over here the Government have just made it MANDATORY for ALL FIRST RESPONDER'S HAVE TO HAVE THEIR JABS OR LOSE THEIR JOBS and that is not just Hospital Workers but also Homes for Old People. they think about 10,000 are no longer working in hospitals and Care homes now they are not totally sure because a lot have changed their minds and got the jabs

Talk Talk Talk, its my life and body and no one can force me to take a covid vaccine wich doesnt work prober. I protect my self and other around me, get tested every morning I meet on work, my bozz says ok and its up to me what to do for protect me. What you do is your problem so dont hang me up in that and stop try make me feel guilty it wont help.

Btw I still works in frontline as Covid tester like I have been doing the last two years, I have absolutly no problem working together with my testing teams member and its still up to me and not you to decide what I shall do.

Edited by donkey-girl
New info
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 11/9/2021 at 2:02 AM, vitorio said:

who may well be more susceptible to more serious infections even if they are vaccinated.

How? Based on what?

4 hours ago, napalm.neca said:

How? Based on what?

See below:

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/science/article/why-older-vaccinated-people-face-higher-risks-for-severe-covid-19

In summary:

Many factors weaken the aging immune system. But vaccines—and booster doses—do offer protection from hospitalization and death.

Edited by vitorio
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Ladies and gentlemen, this is not about convincing someone to get vaccinated or we are all from a different country in the world.
I am personally waiting for a drug from Merck's, I have cerebral palsy and with vaccination I must carefully have all the vaccination obligations required by my country, let us respect  opinions and share personal experiences with vaccination or treatment, temperature and cough everything went away 

Edited by kasper
  • Like 3

We do respect opinions and personal decisions but the facts are the facts and this can not be ignored, in my opinion.

Some time ago people belief the Earth was the center of the universe, an opinion, when confronted with the facts that is the Sun the center of our universe, proof of technology, a fact.

It took time but now every body accepts it!

Edited by vitorio
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, vitorio said:

Some time ago people belief the Earth was the center of the universe, an opinion, when confronted with the facts that is the Sun the center of our universe, proof of technology, a fact.

Flat or round Earth ??  ... Vaccine or not vaccine ?? ... that is the question !!

As said early i'm double dosed vaccinated and waiting for the third one (in January only to respect the 6 month delay, here in France).

I could understand (with some difficulties) persons who don't want to receive this vaccine, but if and ONLY if they do respect the wear of a mask in a good position (nose and mouth), wash their hand often, keep a right and safe distance to the others.

The majority of people who don't want the vaccine says that the don't to receive a product they don't what is in .... I'm quite sure that if someone could give them the list with all components of the vaccine they will not understand any word and the result will be the same !! I'm sure they have received babies vaccines (when babies !) and they don't care about it and are very happy they never get the associated diseases !!

And remember that a similar disease went after WW1, stay 3 years before disappering and make between 10 and 100 millons (no one knows exactly the number deads ... at a period when medicine was not so efficient than today but when people did not move as per today.

A basic vaccine was made and eveybody ran to get a dose to be immunated again this disease.

The problem at today, at least in Europe, is that people think that Covid19 is behind us, but the reality shows that this is not true at all and the 5th wave of contamination is arriving. Just hope that people with vaccine, if infected, will get less or light trouble and will not to go to the hospital ... wait and see!

• Like 3

Think about your vaccine as a very good raincoat," said CNN Medical Analyst Dr. Leana Wen, an emergency physician and professor of health policy and management at the George Washington University Milken Institute School of Public Health. "If you are going out into a drizzle, you're probably going to be well protected and not get wet. 

"But if you're going into a thunderstorm, there's a higher chance of you getting wet, despite that very good raincoat."

Read yesterday evening in my local newspaper (Google translation) :

Is the risk of going into intensive care 12 times higher for non-vaccinated as the Professor Alain Fischer says?

Alain Fischer ("Mr Vaccine" in France) refers in his speech to a recent publication of Public Health France, most certainly published on 10 November and entitled Vaccine Coverage against CVIV-19 and impact on the dynamics of the epidemic.

This study analyzes, by age range, the number of cases and hospitalizations over the first four waves of the epidemic in France. It concludes that between the second (September to November 2020) and the fourth wave (mid-July in mid-October 2021), the hospitalization rate of people with CVIV-19 decreased by 24% for 18-49 years, 68% for 50-74 years and 84% for over 75 years.

Figures that "highlight the effectiveness of the rapid introduction strategy of CVIV-19 vaccination by prioritizing people at risk" according to this same study. Yet no trace of the number given by Professor Fischer.
A concordance in several studies

The Research Directorate, Studies, Evaluation and Statistics (DREES) has published the results of a critical care entry study following the November 15th.

This study, which relies on the rapprochement between the database of hospitalizations and vaccinations, demonstrates that at the end of October, "nine times more critical care among Unvaccinated people only among those who are completely vaccinated aged 20 and over ". A figure close to that of Alain Fischer.

This analysis, which had already been carried out last July, revealed that critical care entries were, on that date, 12 times less within the completely vaccinated population than among non-vaccinated people. This time the same number as the professor of immunology.

Finally, a last study, conducted by the health insurance and the National Medicine Safety Agency and the Health Products, published on October 11, spoke of a "risk reduction of hospitalization for Covid-19 reaching 92 to 96% "in people vaccinated over 75 years.

Figures and a multitude of sources that prove the efficiency of the vaccine on the development of serious forms of the disease and confirm the words of Alain Fischer.

source (in French)

Edited by dee.pee
  • Like 2

Update 18th Nov 2021:- I had my 3rd dose (booster jab) of Pfizer yesterday.

I walked a couple of kilometres back to my house in the warm sunshine and

drank plenty of liquid. I ate my dinner and then walked back to the town centre to

buy some things, then walked back to my house again. My arm is a little tender in

the area where I was vaccinated, but nothing to cry about. I even managed to squeeze in some

inter-marital behaviour with my wife lol.:dance::dance::dance:

Edited by funkyy

Israeli_Eagle

Quite short story about me:

I'm not vaccinated, but I take care well myself. Whenever I leave my flat then always wear a good FFP3 mask. Same if somebody wants to visit me. That way I live already since March 2020, problem fixed (hopefully). :coolwink:

• Like 2

Omicron-variant of COVID-19

Also on Friday, the Belgian government said an individual who had recently traveled from Egypt and was unvaccinated, tested positive for the variant, marking the first case in Europe.

The European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control said Friday, given the variant's "immune escape potential and potentially increased transmissibilit

source:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/26/health/omicron-variant-what-we-know/index.html

Edited by vitorio

'I deeply regret not making that decision': Covid-19 survivor apologizes to medical staff

Richard Soliz, a graphic artist who had not received a Covid-19 vaccine, spent nearly a month on a ventilator and heart monitor at a Seattle hospital. He returned to the hospital a month later after getting fully vaccinated to share his appreciation with the people who saved his life.Source: KOMO

Edited by vitorio
  • Like 2

On 11/17/2021 at 6:37 PM, dee.pee said:

The majority of people who don't want the vaccine says that the don't to receive a product they don't what is in .... I'm quite sure that if someone could give them the list with all components of the vaccine they will not understand any word and the result will be the same !! I'm sure they have received babies vaccines (when babies !) and they don't care about it and are very happy they never get the associated diseases !!

I wonder if they think the same about the Coca Cola / Pepsi they drink it every day , do they really know what`s in   ?!?   😕

Edited by AlienForce1

• 1 month later...