can anyone reccomend me sum good pc games from the last 6 or so years?

NikoTheRuso

NikoTheRuso

hey all,

well i am a bit bored lately, and i got the urge to play sum video games. but the only thing i can play em on is my pc because i sold my xbox and ps2 a coupla years ago and dont feel like buying any of the new systems yet. unfortunatly my pc isnt the best gaming system, and the graphics card is pretty crappy so i cant just go out and buy the cool newer games i would like to play ( like hitman blood money or chaos theory :fear: ) so im out of luck with that. but the other day i was passin my local game store and they had some older games on sale, and a few of them caught my eye: hitman contracts, american mcgee's alice, and of course worms armageddon xD. they were pretty cheap so i decided to check em out. they all run pretty well on my pc, (and im havin a lot of fun with them xD) and it made me feel good that my pc can at least run sumthin :lol: so basically the reason of this post is to see if any of you peeps could reccomend sum old favorites of yours, some games worth checkin out. like when i saw american mcgee's alice i thought "o yea! i remember hearin about this game when i was younger! cool now i can play it xD" and hitman contracts i got cuz for me its the next best thing to blood money. there are probably quite a lot of games in the back of my mind, but i just cant remember them all. if anyone could suggest sum games for me it would be greatly appreciated! refresh my memory ;)

here are my pc specs anyway:

processor: AMD Athlon 3000+ 2.2GHz

usin Windows XP Service pack 2

RAM: 512MB DDR

Hard drive: 60GBs

graphics card: ATI Radeon IGP 320m 64 MBs

peace out,

Niko

LONG LIVE NSANEPRODUCTIONS!!! :D

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

agp graphics card? or was that motherboard one? if you have a actually empty apg slot i would get a new card and you should be okay.

grey area for the subject. (might get edited by admin) if you have newsgroup access i would look around there to cough test cough out older games to see if they cough work on your computer system cough.

if yo have newsgroup access i would go that way.

check out the newsgroup section in nsane's forum. Samurai has done a pretty good job on informatin for newsgroups.

NikoTheRuso

yea i forgot to mention that my pc is a laptop, thats why the graphics card is IGP. replacin it with a better one i dont think im gonna do, cuz prolly its a pain in the arse and plus im plannin on gettin a better pc in the near future anyway. im not exactly sure what u mean with these "newsgroups" lol, so im gonna check em out here (if i can i guess) and maybe ill get it xD

***EDIT***

well i checked that out, and i more or less get it and probably i can learn it thru google (like i learned about everything to do with pcs) but it just doesnt seem worth it. id rather just spend a few bucks and buy games instead, and really all i need is the name of anyones fave game from a coupla years back. im not talkin like pacman style or sumthin, but u kno what i mean right? hitman contracts, amercian mcgees alice style, u kno? not extremely old, and not extremely new. also i noticed from demos of the cool newer games (:lol:) that my graphics card doesnt have that 1.1 pixel shader support or whatever it is (whatever that thing u need to run chaos theory is called, sumthing like 1.1 pixel shader support i think). but thanks anyway! :fear:

NikoTheRuso

hahaha, actually i have vice city xD and suprisingly it runs ok (i love this game) i remember LOOOOOONG time ago i had a demo of gta 2 and it was pretty fun, but after playin gta 3 and vice city i dunno if i could play 1 or 2 lol... but ill keep an eye out for it anyway. thanks! i had completely forgotten about gta 2 xD

hahaha, actually i have vice city xD and suprisingly it runs ok (i love this game) i remember LOOOOOONG time ago i had a demo of gta 2 and it was pretty fun, but after playin gta 3 and vice city i dunno if i could play 1 or 2 lol... but ill keep an eye out for it anyway. thanks! i had completely forgotten about gta 2 xD

if you got the time and disk to burn or an extrnal harddrive by usb plug you will be very happy with newsgroups for older games.

NikoTheRuso

quote]

if you got the time and disk to burn or an extrnal harddrive by usb plug you will be very happy with newsgroups for older games.

NikoTheRuso

nice, thanks for the tip :fear: dlin it now

Archived