Burning DVD's

SacredCultivator

SacredCultivator

Dear Readers,

I was just wondering, when I burned a DVD by using the .vob (Video_TS Folder) and played it on my DVD Player... There were a few problems that I experienced:

1- The Audio was faster than the Action

2- It skipped around

And the strange part though is when I watch the DVD on my Computer the skipping doesn't occur but the Audio taking place before the action is still present... Is it due to the Copy I downloaded or am I imporperly burning it?

I use Ashampoo Burning Studio as Nero is just to large of a program to use. And I enter the options/settings by selecting Burn Movies->Burn DVD(Using .VOB Files) and burn at 8X... As I heard if you burn at a faster rate the chances of having the Movie not properly playing is increased(I can be wrong)... But yeah anyone happen to have any ideas?

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dear Readers,

I was just wondering, when I burned a DVD by using the .vob (Video_TS Folder) and played it on my DVD Player... There were a few problems that I experienced:

2- It skipped around

And the strange part though is when I watch the DVD on my Computer the skipping doesn't occur but the Audio taking place before the action is still present... Is it due to the Copy I downloaded or am I imporperly burning it?

I use Ashampoo Burning Studio as Nero is just to large of a program to use. And I enter the options/settings by selecting Burn Movies->Burn DVD(Using .VOB Files) and burn at 8X... As I heard if you burn at a faster rate the chances of having the Movie not properly playing is increased(I can be wrong)... But yeah anyone happen to have any ideas?

it sounds like its the file, try burning another movie with the same settings and see if it happens again.

Or you can try Imgtool Classic to create an ISO image file then use Imgburn (the best image burner) to burn it to disc. Both are free and I've used them many times to burn dvd movies. Make sure there's also an AUDIO_TS folder included. Some players are picky about not having an AUDIO_TS folder included.

Dear Readers,

2- It skipped around

play the file before burning it

SacredCultivator

Hehe yeah.. I have played teh file and only noticed the audio before action but not the skipping.. So I shall try those when I get another Movie to Burn as a DVD, thanks.

Edited:

I am having some trouble when it comes to burning MOvies/DVD's... As I am not too experienced in that area as I usually just watch it on my PC. But after I got some DVD+R's I decided to try burning DVD's..

SO my question is... How do I burn a DVD/VCD/etc. if the movie is in:

1- .iso format

2- .bin/.cue format

The burning software that I use is Ashampoo Burning STudio 6 because Nero is way to big of a filesize + hogs too much memory.

Any help would be appreciated... And also.. I did try burning the .bin/.cue format using the following options through my program as I open the program I selected: Create/Burn Disc Images->Burn a CD/DVD/Blu-ray Disc from a Disc Image(Burns ISO,CUE/BIN and ASHDISC files) and then I just direct it to the folder that contains the files... But when I play it on my DVD player... The only thing that plays = Audio and no video appears.. So I am wondering what I might be doing wrong because on the PC it works just fine. Also I should add when I go to the Burn Movies options there aren't any sub-options that allow me to put in the .iso/ .bin/.cue files.

Thanks in advance.

SacredCultivator

Sorry for the double post...

But how does one tell if a file is 'corrupt' or not? Bcause let's see I burned 6 DVD's.. and 4 of the 6 had some problems.. when I watched them on my DVD player I would get 'error reading' and it would skip a little and repeat here and there within the movie..> And only 2 worked flawlessly.. So I was wondering if there is a way to check before wasting a DVD+R burning it..

Sorry for the double post...

But how does one tell if a file is 'corrupt' or not? Bcause let's see I burned 6 DVD's.. and 4 of the 6 had some problems.. when I watched them on my DVD player I would get 'error reading' and it would skip a little and repeat here and there within the movie..> And only 2 worked flawlessly.. So I was wondering if there is a way to check before wasting a DVD+R burning it..

What kind of DVD player it is. I'am not realy asking, but making a point of coorporate "misunderstanding" between compatability of + and - formats. personaly I've got Cambridge Audio- I had to buy dvd+r's

SacredCultivator

Ehh well the DVD Player we have is more of or less a Kareoke DVD Player and can play (DVD/VCD/Mp3/CD) a RJTech is the Company I think... And ehhh crap.. Do the DVD-R + DVD+R have a big difference of Compatibility? I wouldn't think so since as I mentioned 2 of the 6 worked flawlessly...

Archived