Take User Access Control To Another Level of Security

Blazelanze

Someone out there might already talk about this, feel free to change the category or delete this topic.

But, I don't find it in this forum so I wanna share my experience.

Microsoft introduce User Access Control since Windows Vista. Cough, cough, let's start our main focus about the topic. We all know this annoying feature, yet UAC is a security feature to validate what you want to make change/customize your system for a second chance before you might break your entire system with unwillingly or willingly.

If you are a standard user and you want to make some change to the system/install a new program etc., you will have to input Administrator Security Code to proceed the progress which is awesome.

However, if you are an administrator level, you will receive only a notification before you could proceed what you wanna do. It is one of a kind, yet it is still a flaw because sometime I don't even think about the consequence of using that file. If your computer is a workstation for an organization, every kinds of change to the system need to validate more than just a notification of Yes or No, no. It is never too late to cancel something, but it will be late if your workstation infected without knowingly.

So to prevent such kind of think happen to the system, Validated of action before confirmation is a Must for entire system.

To improve UAC from Yes/No notification even at Administrator Level with a Security Code is a Must from my view.

In order to do that, you can change it within GPEDIT.MSC feature within Windows itself.

First, open GPEDIT.MSC from command line or from searching of start menu.

After Group Policy(GPEDIT.MSC) window open up, go to Computer Configuration on the Left Panel. Go to sub-menu by select on:

Following by Windows Settings,

Up next is Security Setting,

Continue to Local Policies,

Lastly Security Options,

Finally on the right panel of the window, you could see plenty of options to chooses from.

Browse to User Account Control: Behavior of the elevation prompt for administrators in Admin Approval Mode, open it up by double clicking it. After you opened it up, change the selectable option to Prompt for credentials, Okay to finish the process.

Lastly but not least, open command prompt as Administrative and update Group Policy with the following command:

GPUPDATE /Force

This will make your UAC to request Security Code even at Administrative level account.

Spoiler

Admin_pss_request_for_admin_work.thumb.gif.adcf601c0d9fcf6aa35d8474a82a4b65.gif

• Views 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived