Miley Cyrus Joins Her 'Idol' Stevie Nicks for 'Midnight Sky' and 'Edge of Seventeen' Mashup

steven36

Miley Cyrus is scheduled to release her seventh studio album, Plastic Hearts, later this month on Nov. 27

RlTD0C4.jpg

Just like the white-winged dove sings a song, it sounds like Miley Cyrus and Stevie Nicks are singing!

On Friday, the 27-year-old singer joined forces with the Fleetwood Mac songstress, 72, to release "Edge of Midnight (Midnight Sky Remix)," an epic mashup of Cyrus' recently released track "Midnight Sky" and Nicks' famous song, "Edge of Seventeen."

The tune, which appropriately dropped at midnight, mashes the two songs together as the infectious beat from "Edge of Seventeen" opens the single. Then, Cyrus begins to croon the lyrics of "Midnight Sky" alongside her own song's beat mixed with that of the track that appeared on Nicks' first solo album, Bella Donna, back in 1981.

Nicks comes in with the chorus of "Edge of Seventeen" before she belts her own take on Cyrus' hit.

TMbn9Rg.jpg

Miley Cyrus, Stevie Nicks

Posting to their respective Instagram accounts, both Cyrus and Nicks shared a message about their team-up.

"@StevieNicks has always been my idol & an inspiration," Cyrus wrote alongside a photograph of herself and a younger Nicks performing on a stage. "It’s an honor to now call her my friend and collaborator."

Nicks shared the same photograph to her social media account, where she praised Cyrus.

"Duet with Miley...Magical!" she wrote. "Loved singing with her!"

In September while appearing on The Tonight Show, Cyrus revealed to host Jimmy Fallon that she connected with Nicks' before the release of "Midnight Sky" to run the song by her first. The track samples "Edge of Seventeen" in the chorus.

Looking to get her seal of approval for the track, Cyrus told Fallon, 46, that she contacted Nicks and said,

"I have an alternate melody if you don’t want me to kind of like pay tribute to you and your greatness and how much you’ve inspired me."

But Nicks had no issue with Cyrus sampling the song and sent her back a letter — which Cyrus describes as "the coolest"— that approved of the use of the sample.

"You can borrow from me anytime," Nicks told the "Wrecking Ball" singer.

ixnIEWE.jpg

The new song comes as Cyrus prepares to release her seventh studio album, Plastic Hearts, later this month on Nov. 27.

The new album will feature an array of original tracks — including her latest hit with Nicks — as well as her live covers of "Heart of Glass" originally by Blondie, and "Zombie" by The Cranberries.

Plastic Hearts is Cyrus' first full-length project in more than three years. Last year, the star released She Is Coming, the first of a trio of slated EPs. But she scrapped the second and third installments.

Source

• Views 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived