Video Converter

KotaXor

I love to convert vob files to avi and then burn onto a DVD as my video player can read avi format.

As such I can roughly burn 5 to 6 movie onto a single DVD. (each avi is about 700MB).:dance2:

I am using AVS Video Converter 6 but it uses all my processer (I have a Quad core pc)....as such when converting I can't do anything else.:frusty:

Its converting speed is commendable but I am wondering if any of you are using or can recommend some thing else.

Any recommendation would be appreciated.

• Replies 21
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always use WinAVI to do it the other way around (AVI --> VOB), but it is able to do it the other way around as well.

All I can say it does a pretty good job and is pretty fast, we've got it listed on our frontpage. One downside, might be an upside for you, it's only capable of using one core (AFAIK).

Thanks for the info...

Use to have Total Video Converter......totally forgot about that....gonna to install and see how it perform. Thanks Bizarre.

@shought

Use to have WinAVI too...can't remember why I hate it though...maybe because it can't convert certain files...just can't remember which!

by the way, what is the latest version of Total Video Converter? Is it 3.5?:unsure:

-------------------------------------

Total Video Converter latest is 3.5 ( Try --» PhazeDDL or Softexia )

Cheers

Jofre

by the way, what is the latest version of Total Video Converter? Is it 3.5?:unsure:
------------------------------------- Total Video Converter latest is 3.5 ( Try --» PhazeDDL or Softexia ) Cheers Jofre

Thanks old friend.

Got it from torrent...just want to confirm the latest version. Thanks again.

• Administrator

Which one do you guys recommend for converting video files to mp3 with good quality?

------------------------------------- Total Video Converter latest is 3.5 ( Try --» PhazeDDL or Softexia ) Cheers Jofre

Thanks old friend.

Got it from torrent...just want to confirm the latest version. Thanks again.

--------------------------------------------------

y/ are always Welcome !

for good quality video i would suggest Fairuse wizard or meGUI...

many people may not have heard of them but these two are quite advanced and produce excellent results....only downside is that they are a bit complicated to use....

also if you want to know anything related to video conversions you can visit 'videohelp' website...it contains info and guides on almost every video tool you can think of...

• Administrator

Yea it's posted here. Is it similar to mediacoder or is easy to use? :D

Wait what are these tar.gz files?

Hmmm....just use Total Video Converter today.....the conversion is not fully completed. The end part of a movie is missing after conversion from vob to avi even though the conversion is fast, doesn't take up too much speed from my processor.

Gonna try TMPGEnc Express as a friend here suggested and see how it goes!

Thanks for the info...

Use to have Total Video Converter......totally forgot about that....gonna to install and see how it perform. Thanks Bizarre.

@shought

Use to have WinAVI too...can't remember why I hate it though...maybe because it can't convert certain files...just can't remember which!

You hate it because it is not optimised for multicore cpu. :D

I use ConvertX, I used to use HCenc but ConvertX is just as good especially when using the Lanczos filter. Before I used to be doing alot of work with AVISynth and HCenc, even used CinemaCraft Encoder at one point. sigh... First few versions of ConvertX were not good opponents with regard to quality but ConvertX 4 is really one of the best out there. VSO has implemented their own versions of many re-sampling filters but the Lanczos is the most complex and best quality filter for encoding high quality video. If you try to upscale poor quality rips to full DVD you might see some ringing effects on the screen, in which case use the default Linear filter when upscaling from low quality video sources. ConvertX is multicore optimised.

I tried WinAVI but I soon got to hate it when I realised it was only using a single core, not to mention their encoder is not anything special. TMPGEnc is great quality but I don't know if it is multicore optimised and I still think VOS Lanczos filter pwns TMPGEnc. ;)

Well.....just tried TMPGEnc.

Seem good, going to play with it for a while, although it turn off my transparency in Windows 7.....wtf....it became Win 7 Basic..lol.

ConvertX? lets see how it goes, just uninstalled Total Video Converter. I do have ConvertX2DVD installed...but use it once in a while if I want to convert avi and burn to DVD.(usually use this for good movie) I prefer to convert the rest of other format to avi and burn it direct to a DVD, as such I can store more movie in one DVD and my video player can also play avi file.

I'm surprised no-ones mentioned Xilisoft Video Converter Ultimate or Imtoo Video Converter Ultimate (both made by same company). It can do everything that's possible with video converters. And has some profiles for certain devices like iPhone, iPod, Zune, BlackBerry, others...so it optimises the video size for these. It can also split/merge video or audio, put effects on videos, convert from and to almost any format. It uses multi-core processors support so it's quick. The UI is very good also, and you can choose from different skins. It's compatable with Windows 7.

@ DKT27

This is an Video and Audio converter, so it will handle all audio files like MP3 very easily. I've used pretty much every video converter out there and I can say very easily that it's the best out there.

Edit: I just did a test: I converted a video file to MP3 and it worked very well. Everything was very good. :lol:

Flaws:

It only has one flaw, which is that the developer doesn't bother to update the version number of the splash screen when you open the program. So you may have version 5.1.2 but in splash screen it may say 5.1.1, which can get annoying. But that's really the only bug, and I'm really being very picky aren't I? :P

• Administrator

Well I'm Xilisoft right now and I wanted to see if there are more better ones. :tooth:

It's good but the problem is msstdfmt fix doesn't work. The software works and is registered on my name but on every start it says you have a pirated key. And the patch does nothing after clicking.

Xilisoft can allow you to select whether you want multi-core conversion or single core or a low resources etc.

About WinAVI: just recently I started experiencing a problem where converting a file with WinAVI would cause the screen to 'shake' continuously. It would just shake during the whole movie...

ConvertXtoDVD worked though :D

About WinAVI: just recently I started experiencing a problem where converting a file with WinAVI would cause the screen to 'shake' continuously. It would just shake during the whole movie...

ConvertXtoDVD worked though :D

There is a patch for that shaking, you sit on a vibrating massage chair while watching the movie. :P

I'm pretty sure my middle/upper-body muscles would annihilate the effects of such a chair...

I am using Xilisoft video splitter and joiner, its working great

Since Xilisoft Video converter is mentioned here...might as well give it a try. No harm having more than one converter.:rolleyes:

Archived