can i restore win 10 default fonts this way

perfection

My windows 10 (64 bit) font folder is cluttered with fonts from over the years... I now understand that certain font managers can temporarily install fonts which is exactly what i need to do occasionally. I was thinking about booting from a win PE or linux enabled bootable iso that has a file explorer, deleting the fonts in the windows font folder and then pasting the default set of fonts (acquired from another laptop),..will it work ? or is there another more reasonable way? Will i experience any registry problems as a result of this?   Thank you for any help

• Replies 2
  • Views 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nOkialpha

• perfection

• Bl4ckCyb3rEnigm4

or is there another more reasonable way?

some search result

create a system backup or system restore

note down all defaults fonts names which is available in windows 10 from a freshly installed OS or stable system(PC) then remove the extra fonts manually one by one

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings-winpc/how-can-i-reset-my-installed-fonts-to-the-default/62a9efb0-0d68-46a2-99af-997c55a1f07a

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/127007-delete-uninstall-fonts-windows-10-a.html

use search results wisely

Edited by nOkialpha

Bl4ckCyb3rEnigm4

@perfection

Thread moved from Member's Corner to Software Chat

Member's Corner should be used to post updates related to new versions of software applications for non-mobile platforms that can't be posted on Software Update forum.

• Like 2