Need help to choose LCD TV

mara-

Hi guys,

I need some help with choosing LCD TV. I narrowed my choice to Sony KDL-S5600 and to Samsung LE-40B620. Now, specifications are confusing and I can't decide now, so I need help. If you suggest me that one of these better, please tell me why? Please try not to tell me, this one is better because picture is better, that does not mean anything to me, I need to know which is better by specifications. Thanks in advance for any input.

Cheers ;)

• Replies 15
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

You mean Sony KDL-S5600. ;)

Well, I haven't looked at the specifications, but I'm never satisfied by Samsung products. Nor does others in my family. But the books may say something else.

Yeah, I mean that. Well, I usually buy Sony, and I think I'll do the same now, i just wanted to hear opinions. I have Samsung monitor for PC and I'm satisfied, but other stuff like home theater and car radio is Sony and I'm also very satisfied, but LCD TV is new field to me, and that's why I wanted opinions.

Cheers ;)

• Administrator

I've had insides from a engineer. He said that LG has circuit of Samsung. And LG TVs are the ones which come to him the most for repairs.

I cannot confirmed it, but :dunno: if it's right or not. Maybe false.

look , i've been using sony Bravia LCD for about 2 years

it's really Great , great response time , contrast , Mine does only support 720p . but can view 1080p (downscalling )

anyway

new sony bravias have the engine 2 which is amazing , But the samsung One gives u 100 Hz Motion picture

both are great ,and support 1080p .... But i would choose samsung

Goodluck

Samsung + tv's/monitors are the one thing they are good with. Phone + samsung = pure suckage.

I would wait for the OLED screens to be cheaper. OLED is much better than the pixels now.

Or just go for the LED. (OLED kosts 2000€ and the screen is really tiny!, atleast here in holland :lol: )

Both these are recommend by me, just go choose the one you think your eyes like the most :)

OLED TV or 3D Tv Give you an ultra high contrast

You might get dizzy or headache from that :D

as some people posted

Thank you guys for you input. I got myself Sony, and it's really great. Picture is amazing. And Sony is quality brand, and I was always satisfy with Sony, so I hope I'll be satisfy now too.

Cheers ;)

Looks like I'm too late to join this one but you made the right choice. I don't remember the link right now but research done on LCD reliability suggested that Sony is leading when it comes to dead on arrival as well as long term reliability. The only thing I don't like is that Sony never releases firmware updates but Samsung does. Nevertheless the Bravia displays are impressive. One of the most important features is fast refresh rate to overcome the motion blur, 120Hz is a good compromise but I would have recommended one of the XBR series if you could find one for a decent price.

Thank you guys for you input. I got myself Sony, and it's really great. Picture is amazing. And Sony is quality brand, and I was always satisfy with Sony, so I hope I'll be satisfy now too.

Cheers ;)

------------------------------------

Too late now, but between those 2 you said before I would choose that one with cheaper repairs. Spair parts sometimes are so expensive that is better to buy a new one. Just paid $250(USA) for my LG repair...

Cheers

and

Good Luck !

• Administrator

I was hoping Leetpirate to join the thread before mara- took it. :P

I was hoping Leetpirate to join the thread before mara- took it. :P

Missing me? :wub:

I been out and about these few days, I went to the theatre a few times and hung out at the malls and stuff. I had to go out to absorb some solar energy before I turned into a pale cartman.

• Administrator

:lol:

I do miss a man full of knowledge. :P

:lol:

I do miss a man full of knowledge. :P

Speaking of knowledge, I wrote some for you over here. I'll see you over on that topic. ;)

Archived