Quick Question

Josh

1. Can i register/activate windows 7 using my legit windows XP keys?. if so, can somebody give me a link of windows 7 installer.. thanks :) (just wanted to upgrade from XP to 7)

2. can somebody post NIS 2010 download link :) having trouble getting trial version of NIS 2010. Thanks :)

• Replies 17
  • Views 965
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

1. I don't think you can do that. You cannot even use Vista keys for Windows 7. And you cannot upgrade from XP to Windows 7. You will have to do a clean install of Windows 7.

2. Try to download Norton Internet Security 2010 from download.com. Go here. :)

EDIT: Wait for few mins. I'll try to get you a Trial link. ;)

Another EDIT: Cannot get a trial link for you. What problems are you having?

1. I don't think you can do that. You cannot even use Vista keys for Windows 7. And you cannot upgrade from XP to Windows 7. You will have to do a clean install of Windows 7.

2. Try to download Norton Internet Security 2010 from download.com. Go here. :)

EDIT: Wait for few mins. I'll try to get you a Trial link. ;)

Another EDIT: Cannot get a trial link for you. What problems are you having?

thanks for the quick reply mate. i see, so i guess id stick with my xp :D . i can't get trial software from norton, always askin me of my credit card #. :D anyway, the link seems to be working :D thanks a lot :)

EDIT: and it redirects me to norton site :(

You are most welcome, Josh. I'm pretty sure you can use the Trial Reset from box (BOX_NTR2010v2.5NE.zip) on the 60-day trial download here. I don't use NIS so I'm not 100% sure.

You are most welcome, Josh. I'm pretty sure you can use the Trial Reset from box (BOX_NTR2010v2.5NE.zip) on the 60-day trial download here. I don't use NIS so I'm not 100% sure.

I'm currently using ESET SS now, i just wanted to try norton and see for myself the difference :) thanks nightowl for your prompt and quick reply :)

Eset still faster than norton 2010, but i like the detection rate of norton. i guess ill be hangin with norton :) anyway, how to update to 17.5? im using 17.1.0.136. :D thanks :)

• Administrator

Throw XP and it's legit keys out of the window and download Windows 7 from torrent sites. :)

Eset still faster than norton 2010, but i like the detection rate of norton. i guess ill be hangin with norton :) anyway, how to update to 17.5? im using 17.1.0.136. :D thanks :)

Hmmm, according to this post in the CRACK Heads III topic:

Yes, the 17.5.0.127 update is not widespread as symantec sends it out randomly to test it. Using 17.0.0.136 or 17.1.0.9 should work with TR without showing as insecure. I am not aware of a FULL installer for 17.1.0.9, but there is an upgrade installer for it. I could not get the 17.1.0.9 update when I reinstalled NIS 17.0.0.136. I used the upgrade installer. I recommend install 17.0.0.136, update to 17.1.0.9 somehow, then install TR. If you install TR before using the upgrade installer (instead of waiting to get 17.1 update) you will get 15 days only and have to reinstall TR.

i guess id stick with my xp :D

Like DK27 has stated, get on to Windows Se7en. My suggestion would be to opt for something more permanent than a 'product key' (something like the 1.7.7r loader by Daz.)

Here is the link for Norton Internet Security 2010 90-day trial from the official Symantec webpage. Symantec try to hide this link because they want you to buy it of course!

My link

The only thing is that once installed you will need to do LiveUpdate a few times to get the version updated from 17.0.0.136 to 17.5.0.127. It's probably gonna require a reboot too. :rolleyes:

Wow. Nice find donizme. :)

Thx ^_^

Me and sabrosolatino were the first to post links of NIS 2010 trial back in september 2009 before any other website on the internet. That was quite an achievement for us!

And the 90-day trial came a little later from a member of nsaneforums but on rapidshare not the one I gave, this is a special one I found. :lol:

Now we have to wait about 8 months for the 2011 version to see if we can repeat it again. :dance2:

Here is the link for Norton Internet Security 2010 90-day trial from the official Symantec webpage. Symantec try to hide this link because they want you to buy it of course!

My link

The only thing is that once installed you will need to do LiveUpdate a few times to get the version updated from 17.0.0.136 to 17.5.0.127. It's probably gonna require a reboot too. :rolleyes:

Hey! thanks a lot :) uninstalled the 60 day subscription and swtched with 90 day subscription. :) working great and had version 17.5 :). thanks donizme :D

About the operating system, im not that skilled in installing OS :D im scared to uninstall and install operating systems :D lol :D

• Administrator

There's nothing to be scared in installing a OS. If it gives an error in between, it will roll back. But chances are very less for an error to occur. And always ask for help. ;)

My link

Hey! thanks a lot :) uninstalled the 60 day subscription and swtched with 90 day subscription. :) working great and had version 17.5 :). thanks donizme :D

About the operating system, im not that skilled in installing OS :D im scared to uninstall and install operating systems :D lol :D

The best way to install an OS in my opinion is this:

1. Look at the size of all your files that you want to keep, like documents, videos etc... take a rough guess like lets say mine is 10GB. Now make a partition on your HDD about 12GB, put all your files in there, thats step one done. Making a partition is very easy just use this: EASEUS Partition Master 4.1.1 Home Edition.

2. Download all the programs and drivers you want to install on your OS, like Firefox, Norton, Nvidia Graphics Driver, etc...Now make a folder in the partition you made earlier and name it something like 'Programs for new OS'. Put in this folder every program and drivers you downloaded.

3. Look at the size of your HDD where the current OS is installed, like for example one might be 100GB. Write down this number. Put your Win7 disc in the drive, then restart your computer.

4. Follow the instructions on the screen, I always choose 'Custom' install method which is another way of saying 'Clean' install, this will delete everything on your OS partition. When it asks where to install Win7, you need to do something important: click on the 100GB OS partition and click 'Delete', then click 'Format' and 'Apply'. Now click on the 'Primary' or 100GB partition again and click 'Next'. Windows will do the rest.

5. Remember that Win7 will ask you if you want to make a password for account and configure your internet settings, both are very easy.

6. Now once you get to the desktop, click on 'Control Panel' and do Windows Update'. Let it install everything, it might restart your PC. Now you can install all your programs and drivers and tell everyone how smart you are! ^_^

Archived