Windows Media Player 12 Constantly Updating

HX1

I have a question for those of you with Windows 7 Ultimate who have an Administrative account.. and have tried to use Windows Media Player 12.

I have been working for two days now to update three music archives. Two of which were identical to one another with a few exceptions, and were Limited User Accounts. Everything went relatively well, had a few hangups... but readily disabled WMP 12 from updating files and anything of the like. Some I had to manually look for album information.. After I was done so was WMP12. I had let it do what it was going to do in the way of updating on its own..then went through and got the stuff that needed help..

The problem came when I did the same thing with the Administrative accounts Library.. Let it do its thing, then shut it off.. and started to change things manually.. Now.. to my surprise, the message at the bottom that tells you it is updating.. NEVER stopped and I get it it to.. I have tried just about everything.. and it spikes up CPU usage between 40 - 100% constantly.. This has eventually gotten in the way of getting the album and track info updated manually.. It seemed to take forever to scan empty areas like video... and pictures, while that was going on there seemed to be no issue except the CPU usage.. now with it going back to Music and again saying its updating.. The system is locking up..

Anyone else having this issue, have this issue, or know how to fix it? Would be nice to finish this up and move on.. I usually never use WMP.. I use Winamp.. but to get all of the info and covers for everything and fill in the tags I use it... just faster.. anyway looking for the reason in understanding whythis is only happening in the admin account.. and what to do..

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No I am not getting duplicates that I can tell.. BUT it may be related if the library is trying to update things that will not update... really odd though I was going along and everything was fine then all of sudden .. just absolute crap..

Yeah, that's what I was wondering because you said the CPU spiked to 40 to 100% constantly. Is WMP in a loop going through your Music libraries perhaps?

Yeah, that's what I was wondering because you said the CPU spiked to 40 to 100% constantly. Is WMP in a loop going through your Music libraries perhaps?

Yeah thats exactly what I mean.. it will go through .. and then do it again... I have restarted the program and everything.. disabled the updating...Doe what I can.. so I don't know..

I mean technically with the spike and usage playback even cuts out some.. so its like almost pointless..

Yeah there is no network sharing going on.. it is actually wmplayer.exe which is the issue... Did double check though...

EDIT: Forgot to mention that if I try to close it in th middle of this process it stays open.. still consuming CPU.. I have to manually shut it down..

I had the same problem. I tried various things, but not sure what fixed it. I'll tell you what to try. Disable Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service, Go to Option->Library. Uncheck option "Maintain my star rating as global ratings in files." On Player tab disable option "Connect to Internet". If you dont watch video with WMP, I suggest using 64-bit version as default.

Cheers ;)

Nopes.. tried that already.. did do a double-check.. still won't close... bouncing 35 - 70 %.. Winamp running at the same time.. I turning about 100% full-time.. I just don't see why it has to do this I have been through my Task Scheduler .. Services.. all of it.. Its like it can't read the directories.. or something I don't know.. Very odd..

I have no idea.. but I think I am about to find out..

EDIT: What is 7N and 7KN versions.. I forgot..

EDIT: Nvrmnd European and Korean versions..

Archived