Mpeg Converters

zombiegod

Hi,

I'm currently looking for a 'Free' Avi etc, to Mpeg converter so I can convert & play the files through Windows Media Player rather than the likes of VLC Player etc.

Has anyone got any recommendations?

Thanks,

Rob.

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi,

I'm currently looking for a 'Free' Avi etc, to Mpeg converter so I can convert & play the files through Windows Media Player rather than the likes of VLC Player etc.

Thanks,

Rob.

if you install k-lite mega codec pack, you shouldnt have to convert it. it also comes with media player classic, it is better for movies cuz its really small and simple to use.

masterripper

Hi,

Thanks,

Rob.

if you install k-lite mega codec pack, you shouldnt have to convert it. it also comes with media player classic, it is better for movies cuz its really small and simple to use.

i agree, if you install the necessary codecs (preferrably k-lite codec pack) then you shouldnt need to convert your files. and media player classic kicks ass for movies, it is basically a media player version of utorrent.

I've decided to keep them as .flv files.

VLC PLayer while good has a few bugs that makes 2-3 files not play either correctly or at all. I'm using WIMPY FLV Player at the mo'.

masterripper
I've decided to keep them as .flv files.

VLC PLayer while good has a few bugs that makes 2-3 files not play either correctly or at all. I'm using WIMPY FLV Player at the mo'.

well, if you want to convert the flv files, i would suggest using total video converter,it kicks ass at converting video files, and it also is the only video converter i have ever used that successfully converts flv files correctly.

Archived