uTorrent Web or uTorrent Classic

IronLotus

• Replies 22
  • Views 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think neither. utorrent used to be fantastic before being pumped full of bloatware. qBittorent is a great option, but sadly for many users (me included) there have been serious problems with download speed on the latest versions. So I now migrated to Bitcomet.

On 9/24/2020 at 5:54 PM, kapciu75 said:

What happened to qBitorrent lately? The download speed is disaster

I don't know, but we are not the only ones the have this problem.

For some people the fix was downgrading to version 4.1.9.1 or later, for other people this fix worked: https://qbforums.shiki.hu/viewtopic.php?p=33611#p33611 (None of this worked for me)

Me, I changed to Bitcomet. I tried Bittorrent as well, but it is far too much like utorrent.

On 9/16/2020 at 12:53 PM, IronLotus said:

I'll try what you suggested sir tysroby

It is safe to say, that almost nobody is recommending utorrent anymore. So what client are you finally using @IronLotus ?

sir tysroby it is really good to have friends in this community i'm using bitcomet now the one that you suggested and its working wonders for me 😀

• 1 month later...
On 11/16/2020 at 11:28 PM, duddy said:

Where to download this version from?

Can you send me the file bro @d5stroy5r?

Here you go my friend ...

Site: https://archive.org
Sharecode: /download/utorrent_2.2.1_build_25302/utorrent_2.2.1_build_25302.exe

On 11/16/2020 at 11:34 PM, kapciu75 said:

Is it the old version of uTorrent?
2.2.1 was the version without all these ads.

Yes

On 11/16/2020 at 7:28 PM, d5stroy5r said:

I use uTorrent Classic v2.2.1, its free of bloatware.

We are using the latest uTorrent 3.5.5 (free - without bloatware), one click install 3 seconds.
The differences:
- You are using incompatible version of uTorrent 2.2.1. Under Windows 10 it will create for you a hundred dump files for errors in its destination folder. You have to clean all that garbage on any program startup or at least periodically, because they are useless and the worst is that your disk become more wasted.
- We are using the latest 3.5.5 fully compatible powerful version without issues like yours. I do not know how many hidden issues you have, but definitely you have broken uTorrent.

5 hours ago, BTJB said:

We are using the latest uTorrent 3.5.5 (free - without bloatware), one click install 3 seconds.
The differences:
- You are using incompatible version of uTorrent 2.2.1. Under Windows 10 it will create for you a hundred dump files for errors in its destination folder. You have to clean all that garbage on any program startup or at least periodically, because they are useless and the worst is that your disk become more wasted.
- We are using the latest 3.5.5 fully compatible powerful version without issues like yours. I do not know how many hidden issues you have, but definitely you have broken uTorrent.

Back then uTorrent Classic v2.2.1 is suggested by one of the moderators of KICKASS Torrents, so I haven't tried new version of the software. Coz earlier it was full of bloatware.

@BTJB could you please share your  uTorrent 3.5.5 (free - without bloatware).

4 hours ago, d5stroy5r said:

could you please share your  uTorrent 3.5.5 (free - without bloatware).

Site: www.upload.ee
Sharecode: /files/12493340/uTorrent_3.5.5.45828.exe.html

Site: www.upload.ee
Sharecode: /files/12489188/BitTorrent_7.10.5.45785.exe.html

File Size: 4.93 MB

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived