Stupid question, maybe

Crise

I have noticed that the news posts posted on News & Updates are html formatted, may i ask why is this, because as far as i know using BBCode to do it would make posting stuff easier, and if not much easier faster atleast :lmao:

• Replies 3
  • Views 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have noticed that the news posts posted on News & Updates are html formatted, may i ask why is this, because as far as i know using BBCode to do it would make posting stuff easier, and if not much easier faster atleast :lmao:

I guess nsane doesn't have the time to convert it to a bbcode system, or is used to using html instead.

I guess nsane doesn't have the time to convert it to a bbcode system, or is used to using html instead.

if those are the options i'd go with the last one, as there is not much to convert really (most of BBCode is converted on post time and saved as html to mysql, though that html isn't the cleanest there is it, the php that's required to clean it can be whipped together in a matter of minutes), exspecially as IPB provides a functionality called custom BBCode that would get rid of the need to use html for logos etc. special stuff like that

there's somethings you simply cant do with bbcode, like using DOM (eg. how the logos float on the right without a linebreak under em) :lmao:

edit: @crise - yeah, i could use custom bbcode, but there's still stuff like my anonym.to mod that can only be bypassed by manually HTMLing the link ;)

Archived