Change from outlook 365 to 2016, how to import .ost file?

wozzzzza

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is a simple video which I used sometime to perform this with ease.

Maybe this can also be of help to you, just take a look at it HERE

After exporting whatever you want, you can use your =OFFICE 2016 to import that file.

This assumes you don't have any direct export import from one product to another.

Hope that helps you too

Regards

10 hours ago, wozzzzza said:

i need to change over from office 365 to office 2016, how do i get all my emails from office 365 to office 2016?

Is it on the same computer?

According to m$oft: For Microsoft 365 accounts, Exchange accounts, or Outlook.com, Hotmail.com, or Live.com accounts not accessed by POP or IMAP, you won't have a Personal Folders (.pst) file. You may have an Offline Folders (.ost) file, but that file is automatically recreated by Outlook when you add a new email account. You can't move that file from one computer to another.

(https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/find-and-transfer-outlook-data-files-from-one-computer-to-another-0996ece3-57c6-49bc-977b-0d1892e2aacc)

As far as I remember when using outlook years ago, the backup was a .pst file. As @wiz4rd wrote above, the point was 1st to export/get that .pst file within the app in use (here office 365), then to import that file (here office 2016) selecting what was needed (emails, contacts, etc.).

Moved to The Bat Voyager, then Thunderbird, no more export/import problem.

ok, i exported the ost file to pst and it is 2.7gb, so i guess if i install office 2016 it will import ok. 

i hope so any way, will give that a go in a couple of days when i get around to installing 2016

all done and was pretty easy. just uninstalled 365, installed 2016 and it just picked up the last file by itself.
i added a new account with new server details and all is good now.

now i just have to activate office 2016

Archived