Cookie and referrer control program

Aleksa

What is the program for cookie and referrer control for any browser (Internet Explorer,FireFox,Google Chrome...) to pass as well browser privacy test at:

www.pcflank.com

• Replies 9
  • Views 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

I don't know about the others but if you want in Firefox, there's a great addon for it. The add-on is called CookieSafe.

About it -

This extension will allow you to easily control cookie permissions. It will appear on your statusbar. Just click on the icon to allow, block, or temporarily allow the site to set cookies. You can also view or clear the cookies and exceptions by...

Hope this helps. ;)

• Administrator

Hehe. The link I gave was the modified version of yours. :rofl:

Hehe. The link I gave was the modified version of yours. :rofl:

Surpises me sometimes on how we can make thread that long..... :tooth:

• Administrator

This is just a start of a thread. :sneaky:

Okay what your looking to do is get rid of LSO's ... IF you have FF try using Better Privacy.. It is used as an extension BUT it removes all of these files from your computer no matter what program put them there.. Lots of great settings with the extension... One more good thing to consider is making sure that your Java settings are set to NOT store any files or temporary files on your system, IF you find some while doing so.. make sure you delete them..

As far as a standalone program ... I am not for sure but most 'Cleaner' programs and Junk File Cleaners can be configured to search directories for the file types..

I will keep my eyes open however..

EDIT: Also wanted to mention that making sure all of your browsers settings are set to erase the files when they are closed and/or operate and startup in Privacy Modes..

To ensure anonymity, you actually will need to disable your plugins. Even if you use a proxy, a plugin can report your actual IP to the host website; which in-turn can be traced back to your system for several purposes including hacking, data-mining, and even uploading malicious files on your system ( Through simple HTML prefetch, and TMP files ).. so there really are several areas that need to be accounted for.

EDIT2: Tried all of the tests out at the first link.. Seems I passed all of them.. ( being that the site was blocked.. and some of the tests would not even complete ) EXCEPT Internet Explorer 8 Leak Test, so I have switched IE over to Active Mode in ESS.. see if its makes any difference..

Archived