How to activate aero peek on Windows 7 while all options show it's activated but it doesn't work?

sanjoa

Hi everyone! I have an issue with Aero peek on Windows 7, it's not working even thoug I have it activated on all system options. My graphics card is a Sapphire Radeon Vapor R9 270x and I have 20.8.3 Radeon software installed. What should I do? Thanks

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had a greyed out enable aero peek option and have seen this problem on many boards already.
Before messing with hardware, or wiping and reinstalling os like these guys above, try this option:

Here is all you need to do:

Windows Experience Index - Update or Refresh Score

click Start---> Right click Computer---> Click on Properties
Click on the "Windows Experience Index" link then click "Re-run the assessment" to refresh your WEI Index score and try again.

After that, check the option for the taskbar- right click on "start" icon (bottom left)--> left click "properties"--> click on tab for "taskbar", and look at the status under Preview desktop with Aero Peek, the option for "Use Aero Peek to preview the desktop" should not be greyed out anymore. At least it wasn't for me, so you can now check/uncheck the box.

Aero Peek - Turn On or Off

By the way, I'm running windows ultimate 7 64 bit.

This is an operating system glitch, software related I think.

I have Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and it is up-to-date. Windows Experience Index did not solve the glitch, even the turn on or off did not work.

6 minutes ago, sanjoa said:

I have Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and it is up-to-date. Windows Experience Index did not solve the glitch, even the turn on or off did not work.

Hmmmm, so another try: 

Open command prompt window as administrator and type "Winsat forgethistory" without quotes and hit enter, Let winsat run; then, re-boot and see if it works.

20 hours ago, Jojco83 said:

Hmmmm, so another try: 

Open command prompt window as administrator and type "Winsat forgethistory" without quotes and hit enter, Let winsat run; then, re-boot and see if it works.

This did work. Thank you very much and sorry for the delay on the answer

Archived