Is Malwarebytes good enough to replace Windows Defender?

Kaby

Over the years I have found that no matter what AV you use , eventually crap will happen. my realtionship with windows is so bad, I have yet to go a whole year without having to reinstall it. macos and linux on the other hand, I have never had to reinstall for any reason. rock solid. I miss windows 7. running w7 on a uefi system is an utter pain in the ask.

Over the years I have found that no matter what AV you use , eventually crap will happen. my realtionship with windows is so bad, I have yet to go a whole year without having to reinstall it. macos and linux on the other hand, I have never had to reinstall for any reason. rock solid. I miss windows 7. running w7 on a uefi system is an utter pain in the ask.

• Replies 29
  • Views 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, catfish said:

I miss windows 7. running w7 on a uefi system is an utter pain in the ask.

yeah, that's by far the best os MS has released until now. You can easily install win7 on a machine with CSM enabled.

If CSM option is not available, that's another story but you can find some solutions at MDL (including UefiSeven) which allow to install win7 on Pure UEFI but they don't always work. They work on some machines and not on others for some reason.

Windows Defender scored full 6 marks in Protection, Performance and Usability respectively in latest June 2020 test by AV-Test.

It has been awarded AV TEST Recommended Top product... Here you can see Windows Defender has earned AV-Comparatives Advanced+ Real World Protection award:

https://www.av-comparatives.org/tests/real-world-protection-test-february-may-2020/

• 1 month later...
On 8/30/2020 at 6:41 PM, urbandad said:

Here you can see Windows Defender has earned AV-Comparatives Advanced+ Real World Protection award

According to your link, the same goes for Avast, AVG, Avira, Bitdefender, ESET, Kaspersky.

Archived