help for windows installer

marshall39

Hi guys,I'm sorry if i make a mistake by posting this in Nsane,but since you are probably really good at computers I try to ask your help

I run Windows 7 and since a couple of days I cannot install any .msi application,I have a message saying "cannot acess windows installer service this happens if windows is not well installed" (sorry I try my best to translate this from french to english ;) ).

Does anyone know how I could "repair" windows installer?

I've tried a couple of things,but none of them worked...

Thanks

• Replies 16
  • Views 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Did you install revo uninstaller pro with box's fix? It caused some installer problems in Windows 7.

Yep! I've installed this mate could it be the problem?do you know how I can fix it?uninstall Revo?

Thanks for fast reply!but where can I find only the fix to uninstall it?in the program's list I see only Revo Uninstaller? :)

I'm not sure but the box, mara-fix for ESET is able to install AND uninstall, so maybe this fix is too.

Just download/find the old fix again and check if it has an uninstall option when you start it ;)

• Administrator

As per the instructions in readme, you will have to uninstall revo uninstaller fully. Then restart the computer, this will solve your problem.

Then if you need, install revo again and download the latest fix from this thread (box's fix) and fix it. ;)

Thanks mate actually I've tried to uninstall Revo completely but after reboot I still have the same windows installer problem :frusty: ...

Thanks for your help!

• Administrator

Hmm then start the fix and select "no". Restart and see.

Mate I thank you for that,that worked perfectly!

I had this problem for days and was about to reinstal windows 7 :rolleyes:

Thanks again

• Administrator

No problem. You are welcome.

The problem was in one of the previous fix. It's solved in the latest one. You can download that fix without any hassles from the link I gave in the #7 post. ;)

Funny to think I was helped on a forum to fix that problem for more than one week and you guys resolved it in 5 posts :P but sure they could not know I was using a Box fix but anyway Nsane really ruuules!

Don't tell anyone else, but we pay box to make small intentional mistakes and then we can look cool when we know how to fix them :P

(Really, we do, just like the American government planned the 9/11 attacks! :frusty: )

• Administrator

@Shought: :lol:

@marshall39: Thats the reason I really love staying on nsane.down and nsane.forums. ;)

Archived