Firefox 3.6 RC1

chlorophyll

Ssshhhhh.... It's on lite. Hard workin members are aways rewarded. It's not only member of the week that matters, it's how much and how well you contribute. ;)

And your name has to be Haantjuh, That's the moment where the fame comes and Marik asks you to marry him. But you have to refuse cuz he has a little peepee with some goo on it :wub:

• Replies 47
  • Views 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@ Night Owl

(I think ravisoorya should be the next "Member of the Week")

wowww???me???did i really deserve for it???anyhow thank u so much,,

wowww,,i am off da grounds,,,thank u,,

SacredCultivator

Thanks for this. Installed and working well.

Disabled some of my extensions but just adding in teh boolean key of:

extensions.checkCompatibility.3.6 -> False

Fixed it up for me.

Curious as to what Bugs were fixed... Don't care for the Tab Preview stuff =)

Question..

What is inproved. The startup? The speed? Does any of you notice some difference with the 3.5.x FF versions?

Scrolling is much better now. Speed, dunno still have to test it :)

Yes, scrolling is excellent now. A site that I visit daily was absolutely horrible (noticeably choppy) with Firefox 3.5.x. Now it works great — no problem at all.

I'll have to keep using it to see what I think of the speed improvements.

I was disappointed though because I thought it was going to have a little better integration with Windows 7. It's exactly the same as 3.5.7 though when it comes to Windows 7 integration (Aero Peek, jump lists).

EDIT: I was going to say this before, but it didn't happen once. When I open a new tab it (almost) always opens up immediately to the right of the tab that is active. Only once this didn't happen, but I haven't been able to reproduce it. I hated Firefox's previous behaviour of opening up a new tab as the rightmost tab (which could be 10 or 20 tabs away).

• Administrator

Actually I like the older way of opening tabs. :P

No RC for me. :P

@Night Owl ya softpedia reported too about the rc1 release,,but it didnt placed link for download,,,1st we got the link,,then aft sometime other websites started to place da link in their websites,,thank u

@jofre ,,hi,,,but i think 3.6 final planned to release in feb ending or march 1st week,,ok lets wish it wil be released soon,,,thank u

@jofre ,,hi,,,but i think 3.6 final planned to release in feb ending or march 1st week,,ok lets wish it wil be released soon,,,thank u

--------------------------------------

I am just giving hope to the boys...

Its more than 600,000 beta users so, maybe they can do it faster ! :)

@jofre hey ur robin hood avatar soooo cute,,

all u people are waiting for firefox 3.6 final but i am eagerly waiting for cometbird 3.6 final,,,both are grt browsers,,

Actually I like the older way of opening tabs. :P

No RC for me. :P

If you start with your opening page/tab and then open, say, 10 tabs from that one page, then you'll see the new tabs open up just like they do in Firefox 3.5.7 (i.e. first tab to the immediate right, 2nd tab will be two tabs to the right, ..., the most recently opened tab will be at the very right). But now if you go to one of the tabs in the middle, say an nsane.forums page :D and you click on the download link, the page will open up in a new tab immediately to the right of the nsane.forums tab. When you finish downloading from the nsane.down page and then close that page, you are taken back to the nsane.forums page that had the original download link. Very logical and I'm so glad Firefox 3.6 has finally adopted it. If I'm in a middle tab and then hit Ctrl + T to open a new tab, that new tab is opened as the rightmost tab like before. Still very logical.

Eventually the RC will become final, DKT27. You will have to update to 3.6 eventually. We'll be waiting for you. ;) ;) Seriously, couldn't the Tab Mix Plus extension (or something like it) be used to keep the old behaviour of opening all new tabs as the rightmost tab like Firefox 3.5.7 does now?

• Administrator

I'm well aware of the fact that this was gonna introduced in v3.6. Also that it would be in final. I know that tabmixplus allows you to do both the things right side or left side. But somehow it's not suitable for my type of use. Eventually I'll go with the flow. But it would take time for me to adjust.

fiirefox 3.6 RC1 official release on 8th jan 2010----officially declared by mozilla,,hope it wont b postponed,,,be ready members,,official pack going to hit nsanedown.com

Archived