• Replies 46
  • Views 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, jvidal said:

yep, file disappeared, it was there a few hours ago

is still there on main post: 

Captura.PNG.50acd348825b1bc969aba09d0ca2fd64.PNG

Hi, someone could upload the retail setup 86/64 bit untouched. I'm not looking for the repack but the untouched retail version. The link to download the retail setup doesn't work.

TIA

5 minutes ago, TheBig said:

Yes that link is the one that is visible on the website itself, I don't know if the developers now let their products freely download from the retail installer, I had another one that was for the retail products but it was redirected to the one you put. Thanks for the information.

• 2 weeks later...

EZ CD Audio Converter Endless Trial Portable (PAF) Online - Rev.6

Originally by Fuken Gruven, maintained by Dave Green, latest updates by  me (Easy)

• Online Installer / Setup Extractor
  • PortableApps.com Format (PAF) compatible
  • Automatically updates appinfo.ini so in PortableAppsPlatform (mouse hover) is displayed actual installed version (current 9.1.3.1)

Modifications from Rev.5:

• Resolved problems with trial counter not resetting on some systems
  • Resolved problem when "Preactivated Repack" by @TheBig (and/or some other) was reset to "trial" after running "endless trial portable"
  • Few minor "cosmetic" changes (folder with app icon, ...)

Always downloads and updates to LATEST VERSION.

EZCDTrialPortable_9.x.x_32bit_64bit_Multilingual_Rev.6_online.paf.exe

Site: https://www.upload.ee
Sharecode: /files/11948941/EZCDTrialPortable_9.x.x_32bit_64bit_Multilingual_Rev.6_online.paf.exe.html

Hello. Thank you for creating the programs. But this one doesn't work. I get up 6 days until the trial period is over. I have Windows 7 x64.

Another thing. You put out many joseng portable programs. May I ask where you get them from.

I have this page for joseng. But none of the programs you have posted are on this page. Is this page a fake link

https://joosengportableapp.blogspot.com/

@per

I had same problem with previous version (Rev.5), and that's why I modified it (Rev.6) and don't have that problem any more.

Install Rev.6, edit EZCD.reg file in Data\settings, and delete line "438"="xxxxxxxx" from it (if exists).

If that doesn't help, I suggest to use "Preactivated Repack" from TheBig, because I tested it and it works.

About that page. I did not know that it exists until now, so I can not tell anything about it.

If Joo Seng is original author of any program that I posted, then he is mentioned in appinfo.ini file, if not, and his versions are same as mine, then maybe you should ask him where they are from.

I do have many original sources from FG (Fuken Gruven) and Dave Green with complete development suite, but I, unlike some others, mention them in posts, and if not, they are mentioned in appinfo.ini file.

Yes, but it is not completely portable, because you have some remaining folders (%ALUSERAPPDATA%\EZ CD Audio Converter, ...) and some new registry entries that are not cleaned after program run.

Also saved user setting are not used if user name is changed, ...

But it works :)

And here it is for all those who would like to use it or just have it, Rev.4 by Dave Green:

Sharecode: /files/11950722/EZCDPortable_x.x.x_32bit_64bit_Multilingual_Rev.4_online.paf.exe.html

BTW, I'm doing this for myself only, and sharing for those that could use it.

For me it is not competition of any kind.

So, as I already posted it, I will not remove it.

And please, if you don't like it, then just ignore it, and use version you like.

49 minutes ago, Easy said:

@per

I had same problem with previous version (Rev.5), and that's why I modified it (Rev.6) and don't have that problem any more.

Install Rev.6, edit EZCD.reg file in Data\settings, and delete line "438"="xxxxxxxx" from it (if exists).

If that doesn't help, I suggest to use "Preactivated Repack" from TheBig, because I tested it and it works.

I don't actually have a line in the reg file that says "438"="xxxxxxxx" The data folder is empty when I install the program. I need to start the program once for something to appear in the data folder.

I downloaded " FoRMaT's " version. And it seems to work. TheBig's version doesn't work either

I had to reinstall version from TheBig twice to get it work, but it finally works as registered together with my portable Rev.6 as endless trial.

Probably some remains from previous installations are preventing this versions from working as they should.

I'm glad you found one version that works for you.

P.S.

In one very old and very good book about programming i found one very important sentence.

BTW, it was about 45 years ago ;)

This is translation and as I remember it:

"There is no program without error (bug), there are only programs where it is not found."

Except, maybe, famous "Hello World" in Basic.

No version TheBig or Easy works for me on W10 2004, says trial 21 days is over !

I´m very sad !

@zteph2000

Try to repeat install with TheBig version.

I had to run installer twice to get it registered.

BTW, I also noticed that my "online" version is not working correctly on all systems.

So I decided not to waste time on "online" installers any more.

But, I've made "offline" portable that is registered (activated) with key and not started with "loader".

It is working, but it is in testing phase for now and I did not made installer.

I will do that when (if) it will pass few more tests.

I hope it will be ready for public very soon.

3 hours ago, Easy said:

BTW, I also noticed that my "online" version is not working correctly on all systems.

So I decided not to waste time on "online" installers any more.

But, I've made "offline" portable that is registered (activated) with key and not started with "loader".

It is working, but it is in testing phase for now and I did not made installer.

I will do that when (if) it will pass few more tests.

I hope it will be ready for public very soon.

So there was no problem with my PC.. Good to know

Looking forward to se you posting a new version . FoRMaT's " version deletes registry files every time you close the program. Maybe it's not so good in the long run.

@Easy

I already tried that installed 3 times no working.....

Another hint ?

Hope there will be a working version by "onlyone" !

@zteph2000

Just after installing version from TheBig, and before first run, go to folder "Program Files\EZ CD Audio Converter 9" and delete files ezcd32.dllezcd64.dllregister32.exe and register64.exe

That will prevent program from having access to internet and create list of "blacklisted keys" in file B1005317.license.log which is in folder "%ALLUSERSAPPDATA%\Logs" (Program Data\Logs).

If this folder (Logs) and file already exist, delete folder.

Now try to run program with shortcut created on desktop.

If (on first run) program turns on and automatically turns off, or it behaves like "trial", you have to repeat complete procedure with installation.

WARNING:

NEVER use function "Help -> Check for updates" with any available version!!!

This can permanently disable program activation.

Unless you have backup of system to restore it in previous state or you are doing it on VM with backup.

EZ CD Audio Converter 9.1.3.1 Preactivated Portable (PAF) 32+64 bit

• Registered (activated) with key from version by TheBig
  • No "special launchers" used
  • Based on modified launcher from Rev.4 by FG (aka PortableWares)
  • There is no guarantee that on all systems it will act as "registered", specially if system is too much "bloated" with previous installations

Special thanks to @GlacialMan@HandyPAF, @TheBig and @FoRMaT for testing program.

Known limitations:

GlacialMan detected that in case of using function Help -> Check for updates  program terminates and after that program will become trial.

On some (not all) systems that could be corrected by deleting all files in "Data" folder, or completely "fresh" install.

On some systems this is not reversible, so program will remain trial permanently.

In that case only solution (for now) to make program "registered" again is to restore system from previous backup and re-install program.

IMPORTANT WARNING:

DO NOT (IN ANY CASE) use function "Check for updates" !!!

This warning is not only for this version, but also for all registered (activated) repacks and portables.

If you will share this program elsewhere (some probably will) then, please, include also this warning.

Download:

Sharecode: /files/11956589/EZCDPortable_9.1.3_32bit_64bit.paf.exe.html

EDIT:

Please use latest version with solved problem with "Check for updates":

11 hours ago, Easy said:

EZ CD Audio Converter 9.1.3.1 Preactivated Portable (PAF) 32+64 bit

Hi
This one seems to work and shows full Registered. The others showed Trial. Good work my friend. Thank you very much

FoRMaT's version that I downloaded was actually a version you had created..rev.5. It worked but showed trial and deleted registry files every time it was closed.

How does this work. Does It also deletes reg files when the program closes

Another thing

How is EC Audi Converter compared to dBpoweramp Music Converter in quality of converted files.

And what kind of format do you use when converting music files. Are you using VBR (Variable Bit Rate) or is it best to use Constant Bit Rate (CBR) and convert all files to 320 kbs

Thanks @per for positive feedback and comment.

Registry keys are not deleted.

If some reg key existed before program launch, original is backed up and replaced with that from portable app.

After portable ended, original keys are restored back and those from portable are stored in .reg files, so they could be ported with application.

Unfortunately, few keys must be deleted because they could prevent program from correct work on next run, or they are just useless traces (trash) generated by program or Windows.

Same is with all other files.

That is how real portables should work. It's a standard.

Windows writes, changes and deletes registry key all the time, even when you are doing nothing.

That does not harm your system in any way.

About dBpoweramp and EZ CD Audio convreter.

They both have basically sam converter engines, but I prefer EZ CD because it has interface much more friendly, and in my opinion, more possibilities for editing metadata for many files at same time, very easy configurable presets (profiles), ...

Visual overview is much better in EZ CD.

Once you get use to it, and I did, it's much more complicated to do same job with any other program.

For me it is like comparing Total Commander and Windows Explorer.

Some amateurs will never be able to accept Total Commander and some professionals will never use Windows Explorer.

But that's only my opinion. And when it's about music, I think I'm perfectionist, because I do not listen any recording that is not lossless and minimum 24 bit / 96 kHz, and many of my recordings are 24 bit / 192 kHz.

Will not talk here about equipment that I'm using for listening music, that would be much too much ;)

At the end, it's all about personal preferences.

I usually do not use lossy formats, my preference is FLAC, even on my phone (128 GB internal and 256 GB SD + external portable DAC).

I guess you are asking about MP3 when you are talking about VBR/CBR and 320 kbps, I do not use MP3, but anyway ...

VBR is good when you are limited with space (file size) because it is using lower bit rate when audio is less complex.

Better is to use maximum constant bit rate, but much more important is one parameter which you will find when selecting MP3 as autput in EZ CD.

In section for choosing output format and parameters is one button "Advanced". "Channels" and "Sample" should be on "Automatic".

But very (most) important is "Quality", which should be at least "High", but best is when it is "Highest".

Difference between this two is that "Highest" is almost 4 times slower, it produces file same size, but quality is much better.

So "VBR" "Q0" and quality "Highest" gives better result then "CBR" "320kbps" and quality "High".

And most important of all is quality of source.

And one more advice.

At bottom of that same section is button "Options".

In that window turn ON "Calculate ReplayGain metadata" (regardless of output format - MP3, FLAC, ...).

This will result with approximately same loudness of all tracks (on capable players), even from different albums and you will not have to correct loudness all the time for tracks recorded differently.

Modern records are originally much louder then older. This does not have any effect on quality.

Sorry for so long answers to short questions.

3 hours ago, Easy said:

Sorry for so long answers to short questions.

Thanks for a very good explanation. Usually, people write a line and you understand little of the problem that you are wondering on. This is the best explanation I ever had on a questions.

You seem like a nice person. Thanks for the help.

Archived