Kaspersky Pure

Lite

• Administrator

Never quite understood the point of these "total security suites", but looks like Kaspersky have there own too....

Anyone tested this thus far? If so what are your thoughts?

28jbbcm.png (Stolen from Kaspersky Club Forums)

Link

Download

• Replies 17
  • Views 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Never quite understood the point of these "total security suites"
?

=Never quite understood the point of these "total security suites" B)

?

Only point is taking money of course :lol:

That's for average joe the plumber , you know...he knows there are some nasty viruses for computers and he decides to protect it somehow, he then goes to shop and says :

"Yes , give me that TOTAL SECURITY man !! " :lol:

?

Only point is taking money of course :lol:

That's for average joe the plumber , you know...he knows there are some nasty viruses for computers and he decides to protect it somehow, he then goes to shop and says :

"Yes , give me that TOTAL SECURITY man !! " :lol:

So true- it hurts!

When I had GDATA Notebook Security (trial so to speak) installed I could see the BIG picture.. Registry protection and cleaning, HIDS,HIPS, Proxy, AV, Firewall, Secure Shredding, System Tuning, Backup monitoring, Startup and Services monitoring and control, Filtering, and had I truly bought the thing I would have even had a cable to tie it down with...there was something else I had too can't remember what it was exactly..Oh yeah two Detection engines and two sets of updates..and a Boot Disk..

Now if I took all of my tools I use and made a suite out of them then ... I would have well.. just that... I see the point and it a lot more convenient to have them all in one place.. Problem is finding a suite that is efficient, on system resources;(has the ability to work together without the bogging up) reputable enough for you to come to trust it, and that you don't go back and still find things in areas it is supposed to cover with other programs.. So really I think that some of these are still coming along.. to truly be something that can cover it all.. but you know the first AV's didn't grab them all either..

Joe the Plumber.. well he just needs to be running off of a thin client.. IMO.. LOL (and I will be the first one to sell hi the contract for the SuperComputer to run it)

this is like symantec 360,bit defender total security conclusion is this is one more total security s**t :P :P

Sl@pSh0ck™

total security suite really sounds great to the average Joe, but for us guys who loves to play around with our rig, trying out different setup to the point of breaking it, total security suites are just a bloated crap. But sad to say there are too many average Joe out there compared to experimental freaks like us that is why security companies made these so called "total security" crap. :frusty:

I like it bare bones... like I do to my rig... this way I can customize everything to my needs ^_^

@Biz

I am totally agree with you :dance2:

we can make many customizatons and settings as per need or as per liking :rolleyes:

• Administrator

Yeah lets take it like this, will you like fully manufactured desktop where you wont get chance to customize it the way you want or you will get a selfmade where you want to get one where you can choose all the parts you want and customize it. ;)

• 2 months later...
  • Administrator

Kaspersky PURE Provides Ultimate Home-Wide Protection Against Digital Pollution

Kaspersky Lab today announces the launch of Kaspersky PURE, a comprehensive and innovative approach to safeguarding all home PC users against digital pollution and Cybercrime threats. Kaspersky PURE creates a worry and risk-free environment within which PCs, files, digital identity and services are protected against loss caused by malware, malfunction or user error.

Kaspersky PURE is a new software product that enables all PC users to enjoy the many benefits of being online without the associated risks. It combines Kaspersky Lab’s industry leading levels of protection against existing and future threats, with an array of features that include: enhanced parental controls, easy-to-use backup and safe storage, a strong encryption tool, file-shredder, smart password manager and the ability to easily and effectively manage the home IT network.

"Many homes are dependent on one or more PCs for their day-to-day digital life. They help to educate, inform and entertain, as well as providing a vital place to store valuable data. However, with an average of 30,000 new threats being detected each day, the digital pollution that is plaguing the Internet is creating an associated risk," explains Andreas Lamm, Managing Director Kaspersky Lab Europe. "Kaspersky PURE provides a clean, safe and protected environment for everyone’s digital lives."

Latest advanced technologies of Kaspersky PURE include:

• Award-winning PC and Internet security:
    Kaspersky PURE incorporates a comprehensive array of powerful advanced security technologies to protect against malware and Cybercrime. These include: antivirus, personal two-way firewall, anti-spam, application control, safe run (sandbox) mode for programs and websites.
  • Parental controls:
    Parents and guardians can limit the time that minors spend on a PC, as well as regulate access to specific programs and the Internet. Any attempt to access websites displaying adult content can be easily blocked and the supervising adult alerted. Furthermore, the IM (Instant Messaging) feature can be set up to block messages containing obscene language, predefined words or telephone numbers.
  • Data backup/restore:
    Data protection doesn’t just mean guarding against malicious programs and cybercriminals. Instead, something as simple as an unexpected disruption to the electricity supply can irretrievably destroy the hard disk, along with all the documents, digital photos and video flies stored on it. Kaspersky PURE includes a dedicated module to help create backup copies of data and restore it if needed.
  • Password manager:
    Creates unique and strong passwords for email accounts, forums, blogs and online banking and inserts them automatically during the login process. It’s even possible to configure the program to launch automatically or manually, whichever users prefer. Users can, for example use their mobile phones as “keys” to the online world – without ever having to take them out of their pockets. When the phone comes within range of the PC, Kaspersky PURE will detect it via Bluetooth and unlock the password database automatically.
  • Data encryption:
    Being confident that data is secure involves more than just blocking the threats that come up during an online session. Even when a computer is switched off and regular protection is disabled, Cybercriminals can still physically access the data stored on the hard disk or USB device. With Kaspersky PURE’s data encryption, users can be confident that valuable data will not fall into the wrong hands, even if the hard disk is lost or stolen.
  • Single point protection management:
    Installing and configuring a complete home network security system, scanning for malware, managing data backup and parental control routines can be time-consuming. Kaspersky PURE enables all this to be done easily from anywhere on the network by a single user with administrator rights.
  • Security+ toolkit:
    Fine-tune the security of operating systems and browsers. The product analyses those settings that are either hidden or generally overlooked and prompts users to take action if any of them pose a threat to their digital well-being.

Kaspersky PURE benefits from extensive consumer research into the problems encountered by PC users and their families throughout their everyday digital lives and how these can be easily avoided. This new addition to Kaspersky Lab’s multi award-winning product portfolio delivers a technically sophisticated solution that makes it simple for non-technical PC users to protect their families digital life, whilst advanced users can benefit from an impressive array of functionality and system tuning.

Kaspersky PURE will be available online from March 30, 2010 and from retail and online stores on April 8, 2010.

Source

Downloads

chlorophyll

then KIS / KAV Vs PURE???

anybody pls??

anybody pls??

As you can see on the picture, it's like other security products (Symantec etc...)

Pure = KIS with

• Backup feature
  • Parental Control feature
  • others little features (Password manager, System Tune-Up, Encryption and Virtual Keyboard)

++

chlorophyll

anybody pls??

As you can see on the picture, it's like other security products (Symantec etc...)

Pure = KIS with

• Backup feature
  • others little features (Password manager, System Tune-Up, Encryption and Virtual Keyboard)

++

parental control,virtual keyboard already present in KIS :blink:

anybody pls??

Pure = KIS with

• Backup feature

++

parental control,virtual keyboard already present in KIS :blink:

Yes it's true for the virtual keyboad.

I didn't know for the Parental Control.

++

Sl@pSh0ck™

Kaspersky Pure is the equal of Norton 360 I think :ph34r:

chlorophyll

Kaspersky Pure is the equal of Norton 360 I think :ph34r:

flowers4u.gif

Archived