Sony Vaio

implague

hi friends i need help i hav vaio VGN-cr22G_b laptop nd recently the drivers cd i lost so i need fuul set of all drivers and utilitiess which requires for my laptop.i installed windows7 x86 on such machine so plz plz help me to find drivers and all the utilities for this vaio laptop (camera and bluetooth drivers and utilities) :frusty: :frusty: :frusty:

• Replies 8
  • Views 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The easiest way would be to install Lavalys Everest.. and get proper identification for the connected hardware.. The get the proper drivers online by using your search engine.. and going to the main companies.. You can also use several Windows utilities to search for the most recent drivers through Microsoft.. I have never quite figured out how or why VAIO owners are always losing their drivers..

What methods have you used thus far to try to solve the problem?

I hav other drivers but som of em were missin does that makes install automatically?Everest ultimate?

Everest Ultimate or Corporate will be fine either way.. I would say Ultimate but I use both.. Ultimate has a feature that allows you to show data like sensors ( temperature and voltages) in your Sidebar. and I think what your asking is should you try to install the device automatically.. and I would say yes.. this will search your system for the driver, and go online to look for drivers.. should be pretty self explanatory.. BUT I have seen these be a pain to install.. The Camera and bluetooth your talking about, are they part of the hardware case of the VAIO? or separate? Because most cameras which are external depending on the type of camera, ( web, handheld ) they may not even need drivers to work properly.. but it depends.. Try installing them automatically .. if that doesn't work.. get the exact ID from Everest.. and go from there..

EDIT: I would say get Driver Genius but I don't trust the program for all configurations and get to be a pain.. so I think this may be a little easier to do.. BUT when you do get them.. it may be a good program to use to backup all of your current ones..

I hav other drivers but som of em were missin does that makes install automatically?Everest ultimate?

In the past, for a very old laptop, I found Sony's own site carried the drivers and all software that the PC came with.

This is their UK support page.

Heath is quite right

few ways in going about the prob:

1- use original downloads from Sony vaio support page

2- use Everest or Driver Max (freeware, but must be fairly understanding regarding hardware and purpose of each device) and download drivers as individually for each device

3- and get the drivers for what hardware you got as per device

4-as long as the drivers there- trust in M$ :frusty: to get drivers updated

Since you like/want utilities as per Sony - http://www.sony-asia.com/support/download/product/vgn-cr22g/modelfirst try instaling drivers and utilities (in case there is no W7) XP or Vista with errors and let M$ Update sort the issues out

If you find task smaller ie one driver issue or else- there are ways on how to adapt drivers to make them more suitable.

everest not helped much but drivermax helped me lot to find and store the drivers thanx for the help guys your efforts

makes me proud to be NSANER

Archived