problem with tonec internet download manager

ilcorsaro73

ilcorsaro73

Good evening everyone I have a problem with internet download manager in some websites intercepts the video but instead of downloading the entire video offline it only downloads the audio track why? the build in question is the last 6.37.14 and my os is win 10 x64 build 1909 thanks in advance to those who respond and help me

• Replies 23
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, ilcorsaro73 said:

Good evening everyone I have a problem with internet download manager in some websites intercepts the video but instead of downloading the entire video offline it only downloads the audio track why? the build in question is the last 6.37.14 and my os is win 10 x64 build 1909 thanks in advance to those who respond and help me

the website you are dl from will have changed their coding, you will have to wait for idm to issue an update to reflect the changes

ilcorsaro73

3 minutes ago, sefton22 said:

the website you are dl from will have changed their coding, you will have to wait for idm to issue an update to reflect the changes

but there is one more of website where I've founded this problem

13 minutes ago, ilcorsaro73 said:

On mine, when I press the capture button it gives me an option to download the video in different formats, quality, and sometimes as MP3 which means only downloading the audio.  Make sure that you choose the right format.

ilcorsaro73

Ive tried but when I push the button to choose the right format the only choice  is mp4 file 

4 minutes ago, ilcorsaro73 said:

Ive tried but when I push the button to choose the right format the only choice  is mp4 file 

Could you name an example site that you have this problem with?  Maybe I could try and report back.

Just downloaded 3 videos from the mentioned site.  2 of them the video downloaded without audio and the third one downloaded but does not play at all! 

Got to be the website's problem.

ilcorsaro73
12 minutes ago, DLord said:

Just downloaded 3 videos from the mentioned site.  2 of them the video downloaded without audio and the third one downloaded but does not play at all! 

Got to be the website's problem.

any video you try to download as a choice offers me ONLY mp4 audio

16 minutes ago, ilcorsaro73 said:

any video you try to download as a choice offers me ONLY mp4 audio

Me Too !

As @DLord said, must be a website problem.

ilcorsaro73
3 minutes ago, Abacaxi said:

Me Too !

As @DLord said, must be a website problem.

I don't think.... this problem there is with many other sites

I can download with IDM any Video ( with sound too) from Youtube without any Issues , so I insist it`s not an IDM problem.

19 minutes ago, ramiz0 said:

I m able to download some of videos sometimes it just work and most of the videos don't work it's happening like this

https://youtu.be/bZEtOu8yRoc

That is just a video with no sound, what do you expect ?

ilcorsaro73
2 hours ago, Abacaxi said:

I can download with IDM any Video ( with sound too) from Youtube without any Issues , so I insist it`s not an IDM problem.

From youtube without problem me too...the problem is download videos from other site like this  https://www.ilmattino.it/video/   

2 hours ago, Abacaxi said:

https://www.online-tech-tips.com/computer-tips/how-to-fix-no-sound-on-youtube/

Problems with Video ? - » Install latest video drivers.

Problems with sound ? -» Install latest sound drivers.

the problem is not to play or listen to videos the problem is to download full videos of audio from any website that contains them...however the drivers of my video card as well as those of the sound card are already updated

20 hours ago, ilcorsaro73 said:

@ilcorsaro73
Same problem here with ilmattino.it  (v6.36.b7 @ActVer)
Do a bug report, include all sites you have problems with and how to reproduce the error. Write as detailed as you can (very important).
Say you have a Trial version and immediately noticed that these sites did not work. Do you have a valid license? yes, then you can write it:)

Now, use a valid email so that he can get back to you. Not a Disposable TMP Address, such as guerrillamail:)

Internet Download Manager - Contact Form  (scroll down)
http://www.internetdownloadmanager.com/register/new_faq/bi_main.cgi?mode=

18 hours ago, Abacaxi said:

https://www.online-tech-tips.com/computer-tips/how-to-fix-no-sound-on-youtube/

Problems with Video ? - » Install latest video drivers.

Problems with sound ? -» Install latest sound drivers.

@Abacaxi

Good site you link to, it is impossible to make mistakes when following their Guide:)    👍
Finally I have audio on youtube again, hehe   

no-sound.jpg

5 hours ago, ilcorsaro73 said:

i have downloaded 480p mp4 video & having both video & audio but the problem is mp4 container is corrupted, so I just change the mp4 to mkv container by using the mkvtoolnix & now video is playable in vlc with both audio & video.

sdds.thumb.PNG.48e76ad83adba2764526ce3a2db60d65.PNG

Capture.thumb.JPG.4792a3485a2b123e5512097a1fa97d23.JPG

Marcus Thunder

The problem is not in IDM, the video codec of the downloaded file is the problem. Please download MediaInfo 20.03 to verify what I am going to say.

When I download a file from youtube using IDM and check it with MediaInfo, I get an MP4 file with VP9 video codec & Opus audio codec which is unplayable on my old tv. If I use streaming download service as en.savefrom.net, I get a lager same resolution MP4 file with AVC video codec & aac Audi Codec playable on my old tv.

on0HjjB.jpgpQXCZoG.jpg

On 5/11/2020 at 6:41 PM, ilcorsaro73 said:

Good evening everyone I have a problem with internet download manager in some websites intercepts the video but instead of downloading the entire video offline it only downloads the audio track why?

First - check if the downloaded file has a video stream using MediaInfo, then try to use an alternative video player as Media Player Classic or SMPlayer.

You can also change extension of  downloaded MP4 file to MKV.

On 5/12/2020 at 12:15 AM, drdrb said:

i have downloaded 480p mp4 video & having both video & audio but the problem is mp4 container is corrupted, so I just change the mp4 to mkv container by using the mkvtoolnix & now video is playable in vlc with both audio & video.

You do not need to use mkvtoolnix, you can simply rename the file to Video - Il Mattino.it.mp4.mkv & it will work just fine.

2 hours ago, Marcus Thunder said:

You do not need to use mkvtoolnix, you can simply rename the file to Video - Il Mattino.it.mp4.mkv & it will work just fine.

No renaming extension from mp4 to mkv doesn't change the container to mp4 to mkv it is still mp4 file.

you should  first download the video from this site  https://www.ilmattino.it/video/  as OP is asking for this video and not the youtube video & check if you are able to play it.

VLC not able to play it & if you able to play with any other player then suggest the OP to play with that player.

I downloaded the video file with IDM latest version and with jetaudio it renders my image and sound. I have windows 10 codeck pack installed

• 8 months later...
  • Matrix locked this topic

Archived