500,000 Zoom logins are being sold on the dark web, 5 sen per login

zanderthunder

zanderthunder

200408-zoom-logo-market.jpg

While Zoom has seen a rise of daily users especially during the COVID-19 pandemic, the video conferencing platform has been the subject of several complaints, mostly to do with privacy and security. It was reported that more than 500,000 Zoom logins have been offered for sale on the dark web.

What’s even more shocking if that the price for each login is a 1.25 U.S. cents (about 5 sen in Malaysian currency) or USD 6,250 for the entire list. Cybersecurity intelligence company Cyble purchased the logins from a “Russian-sounding person” over the Telegraph app. 

“We continue to investigate, are locking accounts we have found to be compromised, asking users to change their passwords to something more secure, and are looking at implementing additional technology solutions to bolster our efforts,” said a Zoom spokesperson.

Zoom has also hired intelligence firms to find out who is responsible for selling the passwords, as well as what tools they’ve used to collect them. The company is also investigating an unnamed company that has tricked people into downloading malware and revealing their login information on certain sites.

According to Mozilla, it even says that Zoom meets all five of their security standards. Despite their best efforts, Zoom has been banned by Google, NASA, SpaceX, the U.S. Senate, NASA, and even some U.S. schools due to its security flaws.

However, the platform shows no signs of slowing down. Zoom has yet to release the number of active daily users, but the company’s growth during the outbreak can easily be seen in the jump from 10 million daily participants in December to 300 million last month. Zoom investors also have been cashing in as the company’s stock (ZM-Nasdaq) has more than doubled since the end of last year.

Source:

1. 500,000 Zoom logins are being sold on the dark web, 5 sen per login (via SoyaCincau) - main article

2. Latest growing pains for Zoom: 500,000 logins are being sold on the dark web (via PhoneArena) - reference to main article

• Replies 6
  • Views 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Akaneharuka

each login is a 1.25 U.S. cents or USD 6,250 for the entire list.

And how many times will this entire list got sell ? I don`t  think he only sell it to 1 person :/

can anyone confirm it's not just the "123456789"

or "abcde" passwords that's being hacked again?

zanderthunder
1 hour ago, halvgris said:

can anyone confirm it's not just the "123456789"

or "abcde" passwords that's being hacked again?

well if you make your own research, you know that it's not just that 2 passwords, but also most commonly used passwords.

Unless if the hackers using brute-force.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/4/2020 at 3:52 PM, zanderthunder said:

well if you make your own research, you know that it's not just that 2 passwords, but also most commonly used passwords.

Unless if the hackers using brute-force.

well i stopped doing research after reading the 10th article that said the same thing. nothing about the actual "hack" that why i asked if anyone heard more about it here.

as form me i don't consider guessing passwords is hacking even if you use a tool, everyone can then say they're a hacker. 

if you get access without permission via penetrating system or software and downloads a complete list.

i have only seen screens of the emails and most seem to be gmail and hotmail so unless they use they're actual name and adress they should be fine but it seems university morons used their private name and university . edu - great!

the last time i used real name and email was in 1994 when scammers hadn't adopted to hacking emails but i have got my fair share of make you p_nis bigger especially under hotmail. 😃

hotmail didn't get rid of it until gmail took over most customers and removed every p_nis mail. makes you think microsoft was paid by the scammers to allow them for so many years.

Archived