MP3 Players

Lite

• Administrator

I'm looking for a good MP3 player. I've got a budget of about €250.

I'm wanting something with touch screen, decent video playback and WiFi (i.e. its web browser must be decent or another decent one can be installed). Space shouldn't be much of an issue.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

• Replies 31
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Lite,

I would also recommend the Apple Touch, not due to its popularity by I personally got the chance to use one for a couple of weeks and I found that it was very handy. The controls are non fiddly and easy to follow.. perfect for those newbie techs.

However, if you decide to buy a cover for it make it can flip open! Because I only had a case and had to keep taking it out to change song.

Then go for Apple iPod Touch: Link

I also say you should go for the iTouch :D

I also recommend the iPod Touch. But make sure to buy good earphones or headphones to replace the stock Apple earbuds that are just so-so.

Apple? really? LOL. I am totally against DRM so I cannot recommend anything other than SONY quality music players. Drag and drop along with superior earphones is a steal of a deal. Apple only has low quality earphones.

Of course if you still decide to buy the Apple then I suggest you also get a pair of Sennheiser earphones if you want to hear your music properly reproduced.

• Administrator

An iPod really? I didn't really "want to join the club".

What else is there? :fear:

Thanks so far ;)

ZuneHD

Cause it has one ARM11 and one ARM7 processor cores and 6 other cores for dedicated tasks such as graphics, audio, video, and HD video processors.

Also the OLED-screen is 1 step above the Ipod' screen.

But I think the touchscreen is a little bit better with the Touch, but I'm not sure. (I thought I read a rumor about it)

Thanks so far ;)

I am 100% agree with you !! I will never rejoin this sect ! :lol:

Zune HD seems to be great ! Else, look for Creative, Archos, Samsung...

++

Thanks so far ;)

Well to be honest, its either going to be an iPod or something else made similiar to rival it. For example, ZuneHD. I'd say grab a popular Apple product with vast support and updates until something revolutionary pops up.

• Administrator

As far as iPods are concerned. I'm usin iPod nano 3G from 2 two years or more. Forget the earphone thingy. I'm really satisfied by it. Except that iTunes. It sucks.

EDIT: If you are goin for Zune. Here's some small tips if you want that you can utilize after you get it. Go here.

• 2 weeks later...

What about without the web browser? Any other recommendations? Thanks ;)

The negative with Ipods are the batteries.. No not the thing that they suck. After recharging it.. (like 300 times: it's max..) The battery begins to swell up. Therefor damaging the clickwheel.

Having an Ipod with the same problem now.

You should check the Zune Mp4 players.. (besides the ZuneHD) They are good, not laggy and their sound is also great.

Ofcourse you could take a SamSung but you'll get not the top-of-the-art stuff.. At least not here, I think because they make like a billion things :P

Another one is the Creative Zen X-Fi 2:

http://tweakers.net/pricewatch/245583/creative-zen-x-fi2-16gb-zwart.html#tab:info (Dutch page, go figure :lol: )

Dunno much about this one, but it has a touchscreen.. (WHOOO!) and X-Fi sound ?

nvm, is sucky..

Check vid:

and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4J79VGEdg1w&feature=related + comments.. :unsure:

I know this may be a little late.. and I actually thought it might actually may be a pale-ing example.. BUT for simplicities sake and easy of use I would recommend a Sansa.. I own a e260 v2.. I don't even have to convert most files..(but them again I am very precise before they ever make it there..) No touch screen or anything but Video and Music and Pics capable.. smaller screen.. If you want something to just do that job.. simply.. Sansa.. and not that expensive..(who knows how much its gonna get banged around ya know..)

Personally I like the way the ZuneHD is looking, but I sort of liked that with the last version.. I haven't owned one so I am not to sure about what owning/maintaining is like...IF I was going for nice.. probs be it.. Been leery of the iTouch me-n-!@#$... But these wuld be taken care of as much as my laptop.. when transporting.. So I dunno.. Just a few thoughts.

• Administrator

@Night Owl: Get Floola. Now it supports iTunes 9. :)

Now kick iTunes out of your way. :)

• Administrator

@Night Owl: Yes Floola is workin quite well. But the problem is, floola is not all in GUI, all the things are done by it's files, edit, etc menu that is present on the top.

But the positives are that it's really lite, portable, and not troublefull as iTunes. Floola is just 6MB, iTunes 90MB.

• Administrator

You are welcome. :)

A official torrent is also available on the site to save bandwidth. :)

Archived