SFC

Gerry85

• Replies 13
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We usually use this command prompt to check and scan a  Windows system for any corrupt or missing files.
It helps to restore those files not working properly.

Spoiler

Open your CMD as admin, copy and paste the lines below in your CMD, then hit enter

sfc /scannow

For a Windows system one can also run the following command prompt to do the same thing

Spoiler

Open your CMD as admin, copy and paste the lines below in your CMD, then hit enter

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

in both cases, one has to reboot the system after execution

15 minutes ago, cosy said:

We usually use this command prompt to check and scan a  Windows system for any corrupt or missing files.
It helps to restore those files not working properly.

Reveal hidden contents

sfc /scannow

For a Windows system one can also run the following command prompt to do the same thing

Reveal hidden contents

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

in both cases, one has to reboot the system after execution

I know those comands,but my question wasn't this.

20 minutes ago, Gerry85 said:

I know those comands,but my question wasn't this.

Your question was "How important/critical is that,sfc find no file corruptions? "

The first sentence of my response answered this question.

"It helps to restore those files not working properly."

I then added an extra information for those who don't know what that means and how to use it

regards

If you are not satisfied with the response to your question, Please reframe/rephrase the question to mean what you want

11 minutes ago, cosy said:

Your question was "How important/critical is that,sfc find no file corruptions? "

The first sentence of my response answered this question.

I then added an extra information for those who don't know what that means and how to use it

regards

If you are not satisfied with the response to your question, Please reframe the question to mean what you want

If I upload a link containing the sfc log file,someone,would be able to asses and tell me that,the corrupted files wich sfc wasn't able to repair,are problems or not? Is this understandable?

11 minutes ago, Gerry85 said:

If I upload a link containing the sfc log file,someone,would be able to asses and tell me that,the corrupted files wich sfc wasn't able to repair,are problems or not?

Yes, the log file isn't all that easy to read or decipher for a normal user but it can be read by and one can use  the date you ran SFC to tell what was not checked.

2 minutes ago, Gerry85 said:

SFCFix: "No corruptions were detected."

SFCFix is not a magic tool it can find/fix some problems but not all...

Post there the requested logs and someone will help you.

38 minutes ago, Gerry85 said:

SFCFix: "No corruptions were detected."

However,sfc /scannow found corrupted files,and wasn't able to repair.(Pls. see the CBS.log file above).

You can also try a few things mentioned in this article:

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/windows-resource-protection-found-corrupt-files

The "Use DISM" thing mentioned the article is the same one pointed out by cosy in his reply to you.

This "Use DISM" command proposed by cosy, checks for component store corruption, records the corruption and fixes the corruption. Running DISM is useful if SFC is not working.

I hope this helps.

Regards.

42 minutes ago, vyzzer said:

You can also try a few things mentioned in this article:

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/windows-resource-protection-found-corrupt-files

The "Use DISM" thing mentioned the article is the same one pointed out by cosy in his reply to you.

This "Use DISM" command proposed by cosy, checks for component store corruption, records the corruption and fixes the corruption. Running DISM is useful if SFC is not working.

I hope this helps.

Regards.

I ran DISM.exe command,and I got "The restore operation completed successfully".After that,I ran sfc command,I got "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them".

I ran again sfc command,and I got "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations".

Looks like,the DISM.exe command way is more effective,than the sfc commad way.

4 hours ago, Gerry85 said:

Yes, it is.it does more than sfc /scannow

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth :- will scan the image for component which are corrupt, restores them, and does this operation  automatically

19 hours ago, Gerry85 said:

I ran DISM.exe command,and I got "The restore operation completed successfully".After that,I ran sfc command,I got "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them".

I ran again sfc command,and I got "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations".

Both tools work differently and complement each other. Dism try to download the corrupted files from the Microsoft servers if available, SFC works with the files stored on the HDD. Dism checks and fix the registry sfc doesn't...

Archived