Windows Update notification now much better in Windows 10 2004

Karlston

Windows Update notification now much better in Windows 10 2004

Windows Updates have always been annoying for being intrusive and difficult to configure.

In the next major version of Windows, the May 2020 Update (version 2004), Microsoft has improved the notification of a pending update to make things a lot easier and more transparent.

update-notification.png

The update will now show up in the Notification Centre and will offer you the option to Restart Now, Restart Tonight and Choose an Hour.

The notification will also remind you to plug in your device to enable an uninterrupted update.

The Windows 10 May 2020 Update should be rolling out in the next few months, barring any major blocking issues.

Via HTNovo

Source: Windows Update notification now much better in Windows 10 2004  (MSPoweruser)

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Other new Windows 10 2004 features here...

Good stuff! I think it will be released June or July, May just sound to early. it's still in slow ring, it's gotta spend some time on release preview ring as well before it's ready

Yeah, because of lockdowns I think it would make sense to push this out a bit further, it was expected to release in April though hence the 04.

Hopefully I see this in RP in the next week or two.

Archived