GeSWall

Ultravires

Hey have any of you guys heard if this app GeSWall. I just found out about it yesterday and will be playing around with it to see if it is any good or not Thought i might as well let the community know about this app since this is a great place to find other cool apps. Would be great if someone can get the pro version working as well. Also would be nice to see what security combinations people use. Like combining this with Sandboxie would it be effective? or not.

Well here is a link to grab it from the offiical site. http://www.gentlesecurity.com/

• Replies 10
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yes im using the free version with rules from Pro veriosn,,amazing app.Its like hips with sandbox,allfiles wich are conecting to internet are untrusted,all downloaded files are untrusted.it blocks all malware

Well.. combine it with sandboxie is not easy like with defensewall. For what i read, You can use sandboxie and defensewall together out of the box and the 2 work ok. WIth Geswall, when i tested some time ago it not worked right.

Geswall have a built-in option to virtualize the changes make by untrusted apps if i'm not wrong. So can be better you work with this.

What i suggest for you if you really wanna use it with sandboxie is the setup i used sometime ago (but with defensewall - I think work too for Geswall - both work in a similar way) :

1 - The apps you put/force under sandboxie protection you exclude from Geswall protection.

2 - add "C:\Sandboxie" as untrusted to geswall protection. (so if something pass through the container or if you recovery something from sandboxie it will be added automatically to Geswall protection)

3 - Add to geswall protection all folders you use/added to sandbox quick recovery option.

With this, Geswall and sandboxie will not work together and can evade conflicts, but when you recovery something from sandboxie for your true system, it will be under geswall protection.

but is only a idea.

Important Note: Geswall not maintain track of untrusted files when you change it from one partition to another. Not know if this is corrected in new versions, but anyway Pay attention.

Alright, thx for the tips, i will look into it. Does anyone else have any other tips or strategies? or know of any other conflicts or issues?

if u want to know better this app ,just watch review on youtube,its really helpful.wich version will u use?

free or pro?

free dosent have rules for programs,but u can copy them from pro version

just install pro(14 days trial)and copy geswall.dat,after 14 days your trialpro version reverts to free then copy the geswall .dat to folder that u isntalled geswall

(remember disable geswall when copying the rules)

works like a charm

Have a nice day

if u want to know better this app ,just watch review on youtube,its really helpful.wich version will u use?

free or pro?

free dosent have rules for programs,but u can copy them from pro version

just install pro(14 days trial)and copy geswall.dat,after 14 days your trialpro version reverts to free then copy the geswall .dat to folder that u isntalled geswall

(remember disable geswall when copying the rules)

works like a charm

Have a nice day

Cool thx for the tip i will test it out after when i get the chance.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Administrator

It will come automatically with the trial version you download from the homepage. Have you installed this tool recently?

Archived