Problem with PC

sanjoa

Hi, guys! How you doin'? I've got a problem with my PC, it shuts down automatically. I don't know where the problem is, because the power configuration at Windows does not show anything wrong. Motherboard

• Replies 12
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

You mean direct power off? Well I have this problem from the time I bought mine 4 years ago. I believe it's the PSU. ;)

this is new. I have it powered on all over the day. And it always shut off at night when I go to sleep.I mean, I can't let it downloading something because the PC shuts down.

• Administrator

Hmm. In your case it may be several reason that can cause the problem. Trojan, MOBO, other divices and PSU.

Well my problem get solved when i give it tight kick. Really. My PSU is soo bad. One big kick and it stops doin like that for months until I open my MOBO again.

what's MOBO? PSU is ok. there was a Trojan on the MBR sector of my backup partition but it dissapeared.

• Administrator

MOBO = Motherboard. PSU = Power Supply Unit (just for keeps).

Trojan disappeared? Sure? As they cannot move themselves as long as I know. Only viruses and worms can do that.

You should first try MBAM scan. If it's nothin then there's a hardware problem for sure.

there is no trojan, I'm using MBAM + Trojan Remover + Eset NOD32 Antivirus V. 3. I thing I'm going to play with the BIOS setup to see if there's nothing wrong in there.

Did you try checking your system shut-off configurations through:-

Start ----> Control Panel ----> Power Options

(Before kicking any computer it's advisable to shut the windows especially when the offending 'puter resides on a high-rise apartment.) :D

Did you try checking your system shut-off configurations through:-

Start ----> Control Panel ----> Power Options

(Before kicking any computer it's advisable to shut the windows especially when the offending 'puter resides on a high-rise apartment.) :D

And be soft with the Heads of the hard disk flying at 1 micron over the plates. A  kick and the heads lands in a beautiful crash and you know what

your Hard disk is dead. :o

last night did not shut down. I set the modem that can shut on my PC automatically.

Bolt_Gundam510

lite is right, some times when the pc over heats it shuts down a safty bult in so as to not damage the pc, but mine never shut down it just froze on me and locked up as well but never shut down. or the PSU could have a problem as well. i would advise going threw all power settings and make sure that you have it set to where you like it. that's my two cents any ways.

Archived