Qbittorrent settings

Betts1964

What setting should I use for this software as I am currently getting dl/ul speeds of 574 Kbit dl and 3Mib ul which is poor since I am d/l a torrent. What should I change my setting to to get better d/l speeds?

thx

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

in options under "speed" make sure you have no u/d limits set...I know, I know...but I had to mention it!

I have Qbittorrent installed with pretty much default settings and things are fine for me.

good luck m8

in options, go to "Speed"  remove check mark "apply limit rate rate to "utp protocol"  then click "apply"

in options, go to "Bittorent"  Look for "encryption mode"  change it to "require encryption" then click apply then "apply"

in options go to "connections"  change maxium number of connetions to something like 20 or 30.  then click apply and click ok   You dont want too many connections.   

Also dont try to download 10 different things at once.  Itll propably be faster only doing 2 at a time

1 hour ago, jayballs said:

in options, go to "Speed"  remove check mark "apply limit rate rate to "utp protocol"  then click "apply"

in options, go to "Bittorent"  Look for "encryption mode"  change it to "require encryption" then click apply then "apply"

in options go to "connections"  change maxium number of connetions to something like 20 or 30.  then click apply and click ok   You dont want too many connections.   

Also dont try to download 10 different things at once.  Itll propably be faster only doing 2 at a time

Made the above changes, rebooted PC, and started Qbit with the same results. Any ideas why?

20 minutes ago, Betts1964 said:

Made the above changes, rebooted PC, and started Qbit with the same results. Any ideas why?

assuming you are using a VPN for torrenting maybe you should examine the VPN settings, also assuming you are using a good router then in there are some settings that may help as well. I know my advice is vague and generalized but if you look you will find. (so many VPNs, so many routers) Dont be afraid to mess with settings, just remember what old settings was and revert if no results are found.

EDIT: an easy way to find the culprit is to torrent without VPN, many legal torrents out there, find some and try it without VPN, if it is mostly fast then VPN is prolly the problem. (some torrents are just slow no matter what you do). You might can do same thing with router too depending on how you are setup.

2 hours ago, frankl1n said:

assuming you are using a VPN for torrenting maybe you should examine the VPN settings, also assuming you are using a good router then in there are some settings that may help as well. I know my advice is vague and generalized but if you look you will find. (so many VPNs, so many routers) Dont be afraid to mess with settings, just remember what old settings was and revert if no results are found.

EDIT: an easy way to find the culprit is to torrent without VPN, many legal torrents out there, find some and try it without VPN, if it is mostly fast then VPN is prolly the problem. (some torrents are just slow no matter what you do). You might can do same thing with router too depending on how you are setup.

2 hours ago, frankl1n said:

Believe it or not no vpn. I might try utorrent instead.

Do you have the qbittorrent port in settings opened in your router? And any firewall you may be using set to allow inbound and outbound traffic for qbittorrent? I also have protocol set to tcp only. I personally usually connect to more peers but I can't speak for anyone else.

Are you trying qBittorent as a new software?

11 hours ago, Betts1964 said:

I am currently getting dl/ul speeds of 574 Kbit dl and 3Mib ul which is poor since I am d/l a torrent

If you haven't already,

you can try downloading another torrent (only) to see the d/l speed.

Archived