Pipex throttling D/L speed

vin3e

Hi guys,

I know you people on this forum know how to go around this? Do i just change the port numbers? If so recommend me a range of nubers to change all BT and P2P connection ports please.

=) Many thanks

Btw, speeds on BT and P2P never max 20.

• Replies 8
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

You download too much then :P

Either download between 12pm and 8am or use something with protocol encryption.

Pff, google is my friend talk hey ¬_¬

Well my BT is pretty on 24/7 O__O I dont really know how much i download monthly.. so ...

If i try to put it a number i would say something >150gig but thats just a guess :thumbsdown: well my download speeds are ok now, all i did was tell my uTorrent to randomize my port after every restart and i set my firewall to allow utorrent to use any port it wants.

Its still not >150kbs like it use to tho :P

• Administrator

Its part of Pipex's "traffic management" system that went into place recently. Online Gaming has the highest priority, then web stuff, then P2P and other stuff. You'll prolly be able to find more details on it if you look around. The more people in your area that have a Pipex connection the slower your speeds will be. The more you download the more likely you are to experiance this traffic management stuff.

Guest oxygenuk

i just left pipex last month after finding out about their throttling

use utorrent mate, and remember to enable protocol encryption in network options, :blink:

Archived