What is best uninstaller?

Aleksa

Dear,

There are many uninstall programs.But i don`t know which it the best of the best?I need uninstaller that uninstall everything files, everything in registry...etc.. to make that trial program be uninstall and install again and works fine.To evoluate again trial version of program - i need some program for total uninstall?What is that program? :(

• Replies 10
  • Views 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks a million Patrick744! :)But i don`t know what opptions to select in RegVac to clean all registry (To select all opptions?)?And how to uninstall with Revo uninstaller to uninstall all (Uninstall or Hunter mode or...?)? :unsure:

revo uninstaller does a good job of uninstalling ....

after that i run the advanced system care to clean the traces and followed by a run of jv16 power tools in moderate mode ...

does the job for me pretty good ..

• Administrator

First there is no best uninstaller. ;) . It's just our opinions. For me, even I prefer Revo Uninstaller. Usin it from about 3 years or so. Not a single false positive, I've got. I always use advance mode. It does the job very well. Registry is 100% rightly clean from the software.

I don't understand only one thing. Most of the uninstallers don't touch Application Data folder. That's what I've seen. :think:

there is no best uninstaller, I tried most if not all of them and I can still find remnants of the original program that I want to uninstall in registry and even in the program files. Now. all uninstaller prog out there would be each to each own, meaning whatever works for you keep it. :w00t:

As others have said, there is no best Un-installer.

I have yet to come across an Un-installer that removes 100% of the installed Software files & registry entries.

So in order to remove all files & registry entries you have to DIY, I do it in the following order:

1) Use a good, well known Un-installer - I use Your Uninstaller Pro

2) use Windows Explorer to look for files & Folders & delete entries.

OR

Manually check the following folder & delete entries:

a) Program Folder

B) C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Application Data

c) C:\Documents and Settings\Dad\Local Settings\Application Data

d) C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data

Note: some Programs also have entries in the WINDOWS & WINDOWS\system32 Folders in XP

3) Run a good, well known Systems Cleaner - I use CCleaner

4) Run a good, well known Registry Cleaner - I use JV16 Power Tools

5) Re-Boot

Hope that helps. :)

\n"; }

I don't understand only one thing. Most of the uninstallers don't touch Application Data folder. That's what I've seen. :think:

They must think that if you ever do decide to reinstall an application, all of your settings and data will still be there. Like the original poster, Aleksa, who only wants to uninstall a trial program so that it can be reinstalled again.

Archived