Normal iPod 30GB: $299 = £164.10

Normal iPod 60GB: $399 =£219.00

Apple (UK)

iPod Nano 1GB: £109 = $198.60

iPod Nano 2GB: £139 = $253.26

iPod Nano 4GB: £179 = £326.14

Normal iPod 30GB: £219 = $399

Normal iPod 60GB: £299 = $545

What the fuck are they playing at?? Must I now need to try and obtain one of these from another country because my own doesn't know how to stand up for themselves. This is absolutely ridiculous... and these types of companies wonder why piracy is so rife in the modern world. How about keeping a LEVEL PLAYING FIELD on prices you fuckwits.

God this really annoys me, yet people are so happy to see a "iPod Nano", or "Playstation 12" on the shelf they forget about the price and fill these greedy SOB's pockets.

I'm going to have to ask someone in the US to order me one now, as there is no way in hell I'm paying for this overhyped music player in this country. Even with shipping added on it's still nothing compared to what I would have paid.

• Replies 11
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Apple (US)

iPod Nano 1GB: $149 = £81.78

iPod Nano 2GB: $199 = £109.22

iPod Nano 4GB: $249 = £136.66

Normal iPod 30GB: $299 = £164.10

Normal iPod 60GB: $399 =£219.00

Apple (UK)

iPod Nano 1GB: £109 = $198.60

iPod Nano 2GB: £139 = $253.26

iPod Nano 4GB: £179 = £326.14

Normal iPod 30GB: £219 = $399

Normal iPod 60GB: £299 = $545

What the fuck are they playing at?? Must I now need to try and obtain one of these from another country because my own doesn't know how to stand up for themselves. This is absolutely ridiculous... and these types of companies wonder why piracy is so rife in the modern world. How about keeping a LEVEL PLAYING FIELD on prices you fuckwits.

God this really annoys me, yet people are so happy to see a "iPod Nano", or "Playstation 12" on the shelf they forget about the price and fill these greedy SOB's pockets.

I'm going to have to ask someone in the US to order me one now, as there is no way in hell I'm paying for this overhyped music player in this country. Even with shipping added on it's still nothing compared to what I would have paid.

isnt it because of tax/fees and lets see... VAT tax? in the usa we would have to pay the the item price plus a sales tax for the state/city you are in. no taxes on military stores :rolleyes:

there was also a price difference for items between britian and western europe. britian paying ore.

• Administrator

Some of its tax... but there is also a price difference too.

For example... the 60GB iPod is ~$450 without VAT. Some $50 more.

it is sold at waht the market will tolerate...if you are willing to pay inflated prices they will gladly seel to you at that price and in all markets it is always what the consumer is willing to pay....so...if your consumer base is 90% willing to buy at that. inflated price don't blame the company selling it to them

Rudeboy2025

I think iPod is a waste of money unless you travel a lot or something like that.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
Bolt_Gundam510

Normal iPod 60GB: $399

i got one for way, way cheaper, i got it from a person ;) that knows a person :D that knows a person :rant: i only had to pay 150 bucks for it.

Normal iPod 60GB: $399

i got one for way, way cheaper, i got it from a person :D that knows a person :rant: that knows a person :rant: i only had to pay 150 bucks for it.

Was it a new piece ?

If yes, Was it ST*L*N ? ;)

JunkInternetMail

I wish I could trade my U2 IPOD for a MS Zune...

All it does is play music! LOL

The thing about APPLE is...they keep all their launch dates secret...

So if you buy a 60gb ipod one day, sometimes 2 days later they release 60gb VIDEO ipod...you are so fucked!

Apple makes some good sh1t with great design but RAPE people with prices.

Yes, the foolish consumers pay inflated prices that is true doesn't mean companies should ABUSE their consumer base...

Archived