Windows 10 1909 Enterprise Telemetry can be fully disabled

flash13

Windows 10 1909 Enterprise Telemetry Disable

Telemetry has been a hot topic ever since Microsoft released the first version of the company's Windows 10 operating system. Microsoft decided to integrate the collecting of data deeply into the operating system; so deep that the consumer editions Windows 10 Home and Windows 10 Pro did not include options to turn off Telemetry completely. Even Enterprise and Education editions required Telemetry, but these came with a specific Telemetry setting just for these editions.

windows-10-diagnostic-data.png.thumb.jpg.7c45b25c60409e61d8fa0645e34e4186.jpg

Homepage : https://www.ghacks.net

The Bayerischen Landesamts für Datenschutzaufsicht -- Bavarian agency for data protection -- published its activity report for 2019 recently. The report includes information about an analysis of data collecting of Windows 10 Enterprise version 1909.

Site: https://www.ghacks.net/2020/02/02/german-data-protection-agency-windows-10-1909-enterprise-telemetry-can-be-fully-disabled/

• Replies 4
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since it said that it's managed by "your organisation", there should be a GPO to do so somewhere.

But I think it rather be just to prevent the possibility to edit these settings without disabling telemetry, because that's exactly how it appears when you edit things by GPO.

I used to use Education version of Windows 10, but after Windows updated itself some of my settings reset so i reapplied the crapware disablement each time Windows updated itself. I think its impossible to disable Windows updates and Windows telemetry permanently since 1809 build.

Archived