Spysweeper messed up the system tray

mars_army

After installing Spysweeper on my newly reformatted laptop, my volume and battery tray icons won't display on startup even though they're set to be on. I tried setting Spysweeper to not automaticlaly start up but the icons are still not showing sometimes. ANyone else have this problem?

• Replies 3
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Lingering

SpySweeper has a feature that enables the user to disable any startup program that you desire. Spysweeper is meant to stop adware and spyware that also runs on startup, but leaving it by default or in 'strict mode' can remove all appz from startup.

Check this feature in SSW settings and disable startup control, it should work. B)

I don't know, Lingering.

I mean I used to have Spysweeper (same version) run at startup back before the reformat, and nothing ever went wrong.

But now when it auto starts up with my computer it disables the volume and battery icons. It's so annoying. I have the same settings I always had, but for some reason it's all screwy now.

And...now my spysweeper says its installation is damaged. Whatever.

Guest Lingering

Ok. Maybe the problem is not SpySweeper.

You said it's the same setting working before your format, by that i supppose same version and same fix... the s/n didn't go blacklisted true?

If spysweeper is working why do you think is SSW to create the annoying event?

Try to run any possible scenario since you have started to get the problem with the icons.

I dont use SSW anymore but I remember a time that it messed up all my connection because of another real-time antispyware. Do you have anything else running in background?

Archived