Computer all Jacked up....

mpacc

when I hit cntrl-alt-delete my CPU is always on system idle it was never like this before. My computer is so slow now and I have ran so many virus-scans and malware etc. System idle will be like 90 and the rest of my programs will run slow as shit.

So I gave up and tried to reformat it.... Well I do not have a disk and the built in reformat is messed up now. When I re-boot and try to push F-10 to reformat it starts then says.

Stop C000218 Registry Error.

/system/system32/config/security

its corrupted or deleted.... it says something like that wtf.

I need your help thanks.

• Replies 3
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Systen Idle is what you want the highest percentage to be. It means your PC is not using any resources. If you're experiencing slowdowns could it be something else like low memory or a slow CPU?

Only reformat as a last resort.

Use a bootcd te reformat? Google up Hirens Bootcd, its a good one (but illegal, cant post a link here).

Guest NthDegree

What's wrong with you? B) Only kidding!

Get your ass on torrents and get hold of a nice copy of windows server 2003 enterprise.

Then reformat and install that on your hard disk (just don't forget the product key/serial) and you won't regret it.

Here's some reasons why you will probably like it:

• Not bloated like Windows XP or the upcoming vVsta!
  • Is easier to secure and lockdown
  • Has all the excellent features of Windows XP plus the core was upgraded since XP was made
  • Unaffected by Genuine Advantage Validation and Genuine Advantage Notification
  • Most stable Windows OS created so far and predicted to be still more stable than Vista

Archived