Cyberlink PowerDVD Error

Dete

Hello!

For some time, i have a problem with Cyberlink PowerDVD. When I try to play a dvd it says - internal error, error 80040216 - If i uninstall and reinstall the software, it works but only for a day or so...Then, it stops working again. I've updated all the drivers, but nothing seems to work. I have windows 7, and my video card is Ati Radeon X700. I don't understand what is happening, i have used this program for very long time and i didn't have any problems until now. I also installed it on my girlfriend laptop and it has the same error...i can say this is quite strange, because it's a new laptop and can't be a problem with old graphics or something.... I'd be glad if anyone can help me with this, because i really like this program.

Thanks in advance!

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you are using 'fix' on PowerDVD especially on the newer version.

It would seem your 'fix' is not working.

• Administrator

Well somehow I feel it can be a codec error. Download K-Lite codec pack from the frontpage and see.

Could this be a solution? PowerDVD error code 80040216 or 80040265 reported when an audio CD or movie DVD is present

EDIT: Here's comment directly from CyberLink on this issue: When I play a DVD, I receive the error code 80040216?

Issues:

PowerDVD displays "80040216" error message when you are trying to play a DVD or Blu-ray Disc title.

Cause:

Probably the graphics card driver is too older or the driver does not release from official website.

Solution:

Please update your graphics card driver.

Please check the hardware acceleration function is enabled.

(1) Go to Control Panel->Display property setting -> advanced -> Troubleshoot.

(2) Check the Hardware acceleration status.

(3) The Hardware acceleration should be set to "Max"

Please update your PowerDVD 8 to the latest version. Please click here to download the patch.

If you still receive the error code, please provide the information listed below, and send it to CyberLink Customer Support.

The name of the movie title and the region.

CyberLink BD Advisor log:

Please get this tool from this link (http://www.cyberlink.com/prog/bd-support/diagnosis.do) and install it, save the detection results

I know about this, i also tried this solution too....i think KotaXor my be right ...the problem could be caused by the "fix" i use. I reinstalled it without the "fix", and i'll see if it happens again. Thanks everyone for willing to help me. I will let you know if it works.

Could this be a solution? PowerDVD error code 80040216 or 80040265 reported when an audio CD or movie DVD is present

EDIT: Here's comment directly from CyberLink on this issue: When I play a DVD, I receive the error code 80040216?

Issues:

PowerDVD displays "80040216" error message when you are trying to play a DVD or Blu-ray Disc title.

Cause:

Probably the graphics card driver is too older or the driver does not release from official website.

Solution:

Please update your graphics card driver.

Please check the hardware acceleration function is enabled.

(1) Go to Control Panel->Display property setting -> advanced -> Troubleshoot.

(2) Check the Hardware acceleration status.

(3) The Hardware acceleration should be set to "Max"

Please update your PowerDVD 8 to the latest version. Please click here to download the patch.

If you still receive the error code, please provide the information listed below, and send it to CyberLink Customer Support.

The name of the movie title and the region.

CyberLink BD Advisor log:

Please get this tool from this link (http://www.cyberlink.com/prog/bd-support/diagnosis.do) and install it, save the detection results

I know about this, i also tried this solution too....i think KotaXor my be right ...the problem could be caused by the "fix" i use. I reinstalled it without the "fix", and i'll see if it happens again. Thanks everyone for willing to help me. I will let you know if it works.

I had a problem with the very latest PowerDVD, but only with AVCHD DVDs. Regular DVDs and all videos worked fine. That was back when I was on Vista with an older NVIDIA graphics driver. I'm going to install it again on Windows 7 with an updated NVIDIA graphics driver. I also think that KotaXor might just be right and it's just the fix that is causing the problem.

• Administrator

Well I used to like PowerDVD. But I kicked it as it takes about 1GB virtual memory for video playback on my PC. Even when hearin audio, it's slows down my PC a lot.

@DKT27: Was that with a recent version of PowerDVD? I compared the latest PowerDVD 9 (with the latest CyberLink patch) to VLC Media Player 1.0.2 and the memory usage was virtually identical for the two when playing the "American Music Awards 2009.ts" which is a 720p HD video file. I thought for sure that PowerDVD would take more memory, but it didn't. I was quite impressed with PowerDVD except that it took a bit longer than VLC Media Player to start. Also, PowerDVD wouldn't play an AVCHD DVD that played just fine on a Sony Blu-ray Disc player, put that was probably just because of the "fix".

(P.S. I know I need to update VLC Media Player to 1.0.3, but I knew I was about to move to Windows 7.)

• Administrator

The problem occurred a few versions ago. But v9. It lasted in different version also, untill uninstalled it.

Yes, it was all about the "fix"...It works just fine now, so thank you once again for your help!

If you are using 'fix' on PowerDVD especially on the newer version.

It would seem your 'fix' is not working.

Archived