I need help to REMOVE....IE & WMP!

Guest Isai

Does any1 know how to PERMANEnTLY remove Internet Explorer and Windows Media Player????

I've been searching far and wide and so far..nada, and I tell you these 2 progs are like roaches..they dont die, always there. :rolleyes:

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think its not possible to completely remove them, it will cause issuse with your system since its including in the Windows code itself.

Guest Lingering
XPLite or nLite.

I did it once this way... but I've had problems with the system.

I think IE is deep interfaced with Windows, besides I really would like to get rid of WMP, has anyone had experiences if that can cause issues with codec, streaming and so on? B)

Guest NthDegree

XPLite or nLite.

I did it once this way... but I've had problems with the system.

I think IE is deep interfaced with Windows, besides I really would like to get rid of WMP, has anyone had experiences if that can cause issues with codec, streaming and so on? B)

Use unlocker [http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/] to delete WMP, netmeeting and all the other pieces of cr@p from your HDD.

You can remove the IE browser without problems but not the IE core, so i'd leave it and just set all the sliders on the f00ker to high.

Guest Lingering

Unlocker?

Unlocker can serve when an application is blocked from a task or OS itself (homepage) anyway something you can do in safe mode or from the dos shell.

WMP is easy to remove with xplite or nlite as stated before.

I wonder if someone has already removed it without issues or whatever with windows owners codecs.

Archived