Roboform 7 Replacement ...

Michael*

• Replies 47
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sometimes I'm wonder if the people (such as @bayer and @Detection, etc) take really the time to read ?

Read just this extract to understand !

On 1/2/2020 at 8:40 PM, Michael* said:

I do not intend to use any software which sends my passwords into the cloud.

That's why it's obvious Lastpass can't be a solution for him.

Unless @Michael* has changed his mind ? For the moment, I will assume the answer is no.

Are those who can't install RoboForm 7 on Windows 10? Maybe some security settings on that OS prevent the installation? Because it works perfectly on my Windows 7 32bit, even with Chrome 79.0.3945.130.

1 hour ago, Ecarion said:

Sometimes I'm wonder if the people (such as @bayer and @Detection, etc) take really the time to read ?

Read just this extract to understand !

That's why it's obvious Lastpass can't be a solution for him.

Unless @Michael* has changed his mind ? For the moment, I will assume the answer is no.

everybody knows  keepass is an offline password manager

On 1/17/2020 at 3:43 AM, bayer said:

KEEPASS here

Are you that dumb not to read that? 

By the past every Sunday, usually I was able to forget or forgive the bad behavior of several humans until I reach my own limits (patience, etc).

But you aren't lucky @bayer because this practice doesn't exist anymore (nearly 2 years).

For now, I give my short answer :

1. Everybody ? No it isn't true because a lot of people doesn't have the knowledge. Do you need another example ? There is plenty of choice !
  2. Tell me one thing, did you made a mistake ? I didn't believe it was necessary to explain this obvious fact.
  3. Instead to take the time to think, you had chose to insult me.
  4. For which reason I had only mention LastPass ? Because no it isn't an alternative (in that case) !
  5. Don't pretend to be smart because my reply wasn't evil at all. But apparently the mention "No offense" seem's to be require to avoid this kind of behavior.
  6. No I didn't forgot KeePass but apparently you are blind...  How many software are present in my first reply ? Don't try to find a false excuse.

Basically this isn't a game and if you don't respect me, one advice : run away.

Don't try to blame me neither to lie, otherwise I might decide to stop to provide my help for all the humanity ! It will be a huge lost and I won't have any regrets for the humans !

Now let's hope the discussion is over at least if you can't learn and assume your own faults (no need to reply and avoid my path).

Edit : Don't except another chance. Because I had warn you and now I won't reply after all, you take another bad decision.

At the contrary of you, I don't insult the people. And I'm able to recognize when I had make one or several mistakes. Did you read correctly the title of this topic at least ? The answer is no without any doubt !

Yelling ? That's not a sign of respect and you sould be ashame !

As for @Michael* I won't follow this topic anymore. But I didn't block you that's why you still able to contact me if you need.

APPARENTLY YOU DONT KNOW THAT I WAS ONE OF THE LAST ADVOCATES FOR USING ROBOFORM 7 TILL Siber systems shut down the sync capabilities of Roboform to go.. 

SINCE V7 IS NOW ABANdONWARE, YOU HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO MOVE TO V8 to be compatible with current browser specs..  Esp with firefox and ir new extension system. 

I ALSO DETAILS ON HOW TO MIGRATE TO 8 on desktop.. Without requiring online syncing of passwords.. I ALSO MADE A STEP BY STEP MIGRATION GUIDE FROM ROBOFORM 7 TO KEEPASS.. 

I even detailed how to sync your password database via local ftp or dropbox/google drive so you can use the same database on your mobile devices. NO NEED FOR A PAID ACCOUNT TO SYNC PASSWORDS ACROSS YOUR DEVICES 

I THINK I HAVE MADE BETTER CONTRIBUTION TO THE COMMUNITY.. ALL YOU DO IS RANT.. 

AGAIN YOU ARE WRONG AND DONT UNDERSTAND WHAT I POSTED, SO JUST KEEP QUIET.. 

On 1/15/2020 at 12:40 AM, Michael* said:

I haven't tried modifying "update_url" using the original 7.9.32.2 CRX, I was using the 8.6.2.2 CRX (Updated December 1, 2019) from www.crx4chrome.com because I knew it was still supported. It installs fine offline, but as soon as you go online it auto-updates to the latest version and stops working. I was installing 8.6.2.2 CRX offline, without unpacking.

The problem with this method is the latest roboform 7 installer contains v8 exensions.. There is an older 7.x installer that has the 7.x extensions.. But not guaranteed to work with newer broswers.. 

IMHo It is a frankenbuild siber systems made to ease people into migrating to v8 

When I install Roboform 7, while offline, the browser toolbar extension doesn't load, however I then install 8.6.2.2 CRX (Updated December 1, 2019) from www.crx4chrome.com without unpacking while still offline and it works great. The toolbar returns! Unfortunately, as soon as I go online the 8.6.2.2 CRX get autoupdated to the latest version and the toolbar vanishes. I just wish I could find a way to prevent the Chrome Extension CRX from updating, but modifying the "update_url" doesn't work at all. I don't want online sync and have considered using Roboform v8 offline only, but I haven't seen a way to get rid of the urge to purchase nag.

Then, as proposed from the beginning, why not simply using keepass-like apps?

KeepassXC here. No need to play around, it's just working. No cloud, no mess with online-offline, no license to fetch, no file to edit, etc.

Does anyone have a hack to prevent the RoboForm 8.6.2.2 Chrome Extension from updating?

I downloaded this older version from https://www.crx4chrome.com/crx/184232/ and do not want it to update.  After installing the extension offline, I modified manifest.json  changing "update_url": "https://clients2.google.com/service/update2/crx" to "https://localhost" but it didn't prevent the auto update. It works perfectly, until I go online and it autoupdates.

On 1/20/2020 at 1:55 AM, mp68terr said:

KeepassXC here. No need to play around, it's just working. No cloud, no mess with online-offline, no license to fetch, no file to edit, etc.

I liked keeping my text notes in Roboform. What is the difference between Keepass and KeepassXC?

Xc is a community fork sonit can be ported to other platforms

Keepass is the original software 

ALL MY NOTES IN ROBOFORM are imported properly in Keepass.. As notes

On 1/20/2020 at 10:45 AM, Michael* said:

I don't want online sync and have considered using Roboform v8 offline only, but I haven't seen a way to get rid of the urge to purchase nag.

Do the upgrade to 8 and all ypu browser integration problems will be gone.. a purchase nag is not bad.. it only comes a few times.. prob 1 a month askinu to sync online.. but u can ignore this since u will use it in offline mode.. 

get to know KeePass.. i think it is the best solution for you sonce it is free online is actively developed.. 

On 1/20/2020 at 1:25 PM, mp68terr said:

I moved to keepass and it was easy to migrate from roboform 7 to it,thanks

• 1 month later...
On 1/3/2020 at 5:40 AM, Michael* said:

Any recommendations for a replacement for Roboform 7?

I do not intend to use any software which sends my passwords into the cloud.

Currently, I'm just importing/exporting passwords within Chrome.

That's why I use Enpass.

It's great.

On 3/4/2020 at 9:39 PM, Stig said:

That's why I use Enpass.

It's great.

I just don't like having to pay for subscriptions.

13 hours ago, Michael* said:

I just don't like having to pay for subscriptions.

I paid a one off fee.

I think the subscription payment only came in recently.

They have said that all existing owners of Enpass will continue to be able to use the best password manager without any additional fees.

Archived