Nod32 fix on x64

Guest Mordred

Guest Mordred

This may have been asked but the forum won't let me search for a three letter term like "x64". I have the Nod32 Administrator edition 2.51.20 and the Fix 2.1. I am running XP x64 Pro. I have the same version and fix working fine under XP x86. However after setting things up on x64 is tries to update and I can see in the log it says it failed with username/password problems. This hasn't happened with XP Pro. I've installed the program and fix numerous times now so I'm fairly confident of the process.

I am wondering whether there is some structural change in the registry in XP x64 which is preventing the fix from working? I ask this because I have Bulletproof FTP which is provided with a reg file which can be merged with the registry and contains the username/serial. However it also doesn't work under x64. Maybe I'm on the wrong course here, but maybe if someone out there running the fix on x64 could verify that it works?

• Replies 3
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

go to the nod32 schedular and check if there are any "nod32 fix" entries? if there are it might just an error with x64 windows and adding registry entries, which i can easily fix (cause i know for a fact they use the same reg keys) :rolleyes:

Guest Mordred

I have 3 "Nod32 Fix" entries in the scheduler. I have:

Regular Automatic Update (repeated hourly)

Nod32 Fix (engine)

System Startup File Check (logon)

Nod32 Fix (logon)

Nod32 Fix (virus db)

System Startup File Check (virus db)

The comments in brackets relate to the "Scheduled" column in the scheduler.

Just wanted to add that this is a superb little fix. I really appreciate your efforts. I hope we can get it working under x64.

try editting the scheduled fix task to look like this, changing the folders if needed obviously (right click > edit > and skip the wizard until you get to a file selection screen)...

nod32fix.png

...and let me know if that works. i already have 98/me and nt/me split into seperate code, so one more check for x64 shouldn't hurt :rolleyes:

Archived