Password

Guest saddler

Guest saddler

Hi all.... Ok my son is a bit of a Wiz on the Computer and the other day told him that he had to keep of the Computer Well i put a windows password on about 3x now and he keep getting round it ?? And he dont have

the password ?? How can i stop him.. Is there a program to Secure my computer !!!

Regards

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it loading up with the passowrd prompt at the beginning? What version of Windows are you running?

Unless you don't want him going on the PC, restricting him totally will make him want to keep trying it. Trust me, it used to happen to me all the time, and I resented it until I bought my own.

In any case, there's always third party options but try looking in the settings first to make sure everything is correct. If it's XP you're using, look in the User Accounts.

check the user names in user accounts...

remember to login as a adminstrator...

change the passwords for all user names which have admin rights on the computer

He's probably going in the Administrator account (visible only in Safe Mode) and reverting/removing your password. Try putting a password to that aacount too (but make sure you don't forget it).

Guest saddler

Thanks Buddy i think that may well be what he is doing..!! Now How do you put a password in safe mode ???

Do i have to go into the safe mode ???

Thanks Buddy i think that may well be what he is doing..!! Now How do you put a password in safe mode ???

Do i have to go into the safe mode ???

Yes, its like doing it in Regular mode. When you boot up your PC press F8 and choose Safe Mode. Then log in the 'Administrator' account and put a password. Although I agree with Samurai, he might resent it. May I ask why is he restricted from using the PC?

Guest NthDegree

Paranoid parents.........................................................................

I dunno :P some things just don't change

Still there's a way round that too, only way to prevent removing the password is to change the user accounts manager encryption key so you have to put in yet another password @ startup before you can even see the screen to login.

If he's mega smart he has probably made a hidden account ^.^ one you cannot see which he logs in on but hidden from the welcome screen and user accounts screens.

Or he's just been using a nice shiny password reset disk to remove the passwords from that account again, and again, and again.

I can't explain exactly (have to show) how to add all the layers of protection you'll need to lock someone out properly nor will I bother to try as i'm only 16 myself so whenever I hear of parents locking children out of PCs I root for the child/teenager!

Archived