is there any neeed to run antispyware along with antivirus programme

chlorophyll

hi frenz,,i need suggestions from u,,i am using kaspersky internet security 2010 v9.0.0.63 final version,,now can anyone pls tel me whether there is any need to run antispyware programme too,,if yes plls let me know da best antispyware programme by your valuable suggestions,,i have no idea about antispyware applications,,,thank u

• Replies 8
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you are using KIS, that should be sufficient.

But if you are worried, there is no harm having another anti-spyware program.

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware is one great program recommended.

SuperAntispyware is another.

Just don't overkill.:fear:

thanks for da information guys,,,

i personally think a program like unhackeme or such should be installed,and run every month just to check these things out..they dont take much space,usually they are small :)

Kaspersky already includes antispyware and antivirus in one, as mentioned by KotaXor.

The problem is Kaspersky is not very compatible with other security programs; a result of high ego, poor programming and a horde of excuses by the self centred company. Using another security program along with Kaspersky will most likely result in system lockups or software crashes. It is safe to try though, if there are any problems just boot in safe mode and remove the software causing the conflict.

• Administrator

As many people say, Kas is good. Takin Leetpirate's point into consideration. If you wanna use Kas then keep MalwareBytes Anti Malware(also known as MBAM) for just scannin the PC. If you scan your PC every month or 15days then there is no harm. ;)

well ,

i personally have installed and tried every antispyware . ..lavasoft ad aware or super anti spyware or iobit 360 or spybot s n d or malwarebytes .

and in my opinion u dont need these .

they did pick up some tracking cookies and some other stuff , when scanned ,

but after running ESET ,

it took care of every thing !!

on a repeat scan with the anti spyware application , there were no results to be reported !

ESET alone took care of these .

n i think KIS should also be able to !!! :)

and yes i do keep MBAM for on demand scans .it entered my good books , when it did pick up some spyware when every other anti spyware and even ESET missed it ..

so keep MBAM for on demand scans .

and yes i prefer browsing in firefox with WOT and McAfee add ons . and also Hostman .

they do keep away the spyware and adware sites at bay ...

:)

Archived