Configuring a domain

Hitman6267

Can any one help me configure my a co.cc domain ?

I configured the Name Servers but I still have the Zone Records(A, MX, NS, CNAME, TXT) to configure.

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can any one help me configure my a co.cc domain ?

I configured the Name Servers but I still have the Zone Records(A, MX, NS, CNAME, TXT) to configure.

I don't think you need to configure those other things. cname usually is to redirect a subdomain to another domain, I'm not an expert on the matter but I don't think you need to configure those other things unless you have to use them for some specific purpose. The MX records is for email, usually you get that setting from the domain name provider in their FAQ maybe. It isn't always necessary to use MX records, it depends on your configuration.

Then there's something wrong with my configuration, I go to the domain it takse me the server's page not my website.

It may take up to 72 hours for the changes to reflect all over the internet, if configured properly.

It's a pain in the ass, but it is what it is.

(I've been using their service for some time now)

My mistake was not going to cpanel and parking the domain. After I did that it worked out.

You have a site shought ? Is it for private use ? If not, what is it ? so I can check it out

It may take up to 72 hours for the changes to reflect all over the internet, if configured properly.

It's a pain in the ass, but it is what it is.

(I've been using their service for some time now)

You know I was going to post this the other day.. but 72 hours to update? I use a free one.. just the basics.. has a dynamic updater.. and it updates in three minutes... That is crazy time.. If I RDP my machine and do a restart.. or maintenance I want to be able to update my address quickly if need be.. 72 hours would not work for me..

Depending on what settings you use it might take 72 hours to update ALL over the Internet ;)

This time not only depends on your sites DNS servers but also on the DNS server(s) used by your ISP(or the ones you manually use).

@Hitman

It's kind of for private use, it's in Dutch, it's a forum, it requires admin validation to register and it's something for people in my school only, so I doubt you'd find anything useful in there ;) :P (You may check it out nevertheless though, send me a PM if you really, really want to :D)

LOL.. Mine's personal and private.. just like my front page says.. if you can get past the authentication ( screenie of one of my servers [portable].. with mobile DNS Name ) mimics or mirrors the other servers as well, plus I use sort of a hub/portal can basically send you anywhere within the five service layers; depending on my configuration at the time.. Part of it are still a WIP.. but it is coming along in my spare time..

EDIT: Removed Image..

People usually laugh at the 'DO NOT attempt to sign in'.. its when they hammer the main CMS.. and FF crashes.. They are like ..'Eww' ..funny thing is.. I didn't do it.. I have no idea why to be honest.. :)

@Shought, thanks but no need for that :P

@heath28m,

I use a free one.. just the basics.. has a dynamic updater.. and it updates in three minutes

I meant try the site from where you got your free domain.

@Shought, thanks but no need for that :P

@heath28m,

I use a free one.. just the basics.. has a dynamic updater.. and it updates in three minutes

I meant try the site from where you got your free domain.

So did I.. mine has a program you can download much like OpenDNS has.. and you can do updates and schedule them for so many minutes or whatever.. it compares the records to see if you need to update.. really small program.. ( portable too I think, not for sure - plus I can log in and change the domain either individually or as a group - provides for several domain names as well ). So essentially you can have a dynamic IP.. restart or reboot.. do whatever and the program will do it automatically..But I use OpenDNS instead of my ISP DNS, have it configure in the router, card, and use the auto updater for them as well.. which covers/updates as well.. When I am right here in front of the machine.. I start them do my thing and then exit as its not really needed..either one until I refresh the IP or make a network change..

Archived