nod32 not updating or?

Guest micke669

Guest micke669

Hallo

Downloaded nod32 from nsane and 2.1 fix and installed it and everything was working just fine but from virus version 1.1498 every update was just 4 bytez something??before 1.1498 every update could be in the size of 192000 kb??soo why is nod just updating a few bytes every time now???and in lastupd.ver file nod says i have 1.1498 and then i check again it says i have 1.1503 wich i updated yesterday and vice versa...the trial days is ok and the nod32 fix is checked in nod32 soo what is wrong??hope someone understand me and can give me a helping hand

thanks

• Replies 13
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Iliya

nod32 can do prodlems when u updating it but after few times it supose to work.

(NOD32 the best antivirus :rolleyes: )

Guest micke669

hey

virus version 1.1505-1.1507 is 15214 bytes when i press update....seems a bit small in size or what is going on??anyone have any ideas??

How big is your nod32.000 file in the eset folder????mine is 4049 kb and just updated too virus version 1.1507

thanks

• Administrator

Size of updates is irrelevent. With incremental updates file sizes are always generally small.

Guest micke669

but i thought nod32 trial with dix 2.1 didnt do incremental updates because these small updates started with 1.1498 version or???

using nod32 2.51.26 downloaded from nsane with 2.1 fix

thanks

all versions are incremetal, even retail, it only downloads the parts it needs and patches it into the defs you have (eliminates having to download the WHOLE file everytime) :rolleyes:

Guest micke669

last stupid question please=)...gonna re-install nod32...does it make a diffrent if i choose too install the trial version or the commersial version with nod32 fix 2.1?

any benefits with one or the other when you use the fix 2.1?

thanks for all the progs and help :rolleyes:

well, the trial is still on v2.51.20 while the retail is at v2.51.26. so i'd say go with the retail :rolleyes:

I have an odd update problem also. I installed Nod32 on April 21, 2006. Everyday when I boot I get the below update message:

http://img138.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nod32a9qk.jpg

It's the version and date when I installed it. Then later on it updates to the current version and date. Below is a pic of the scheduled events. Any idea?

http://img156.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nod32b9dc.jpg

HeHe thx Lite. :rolleyes: I was mostly curious about the habit after bootup of Nod32 always updating to the old virus signatures first and if that was normal then updating to the most current versions an hour later. Shouldn't it update the most current versions upon bootup?

I think your missing what I'm trying to point out. B) It's not about the popup notifications but more about the version of virus signitures it's updated to. In the image below you can see the Last Update: 4/30/2006 which is today right after I first booted up and the version of virus signatures it updated to Version of virus signature database: 1.1500 (20060421) which is the virus signatures from April 21, 2006 (from 9 days ago when I first installed Nod32).

vir9bt.th.jpg

Then an hour later it will auto updates to a current version from the date April 30, 2001. Then tomorrow when I first bootup it will update to the old Version of virus signature database: 1.1500 (20060421) again. It does this every mornning I bootup. Is this suppose to happen like that?

Archived