hidden log files

ume123

Without installing third party software is there a way to view log files from chat rooms,video,etc...? I noticed on my pc that the autocomplete is disabled and the cache,and history is often cleared. yes you guessed it, I'm snooping on my spouse.Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

• Replies 26
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Take my tip. Relationships are based on trust. No software can help you maintain it.

I noticed on my pc that the autocomplete is disabled and the cache,and history is often cleared.

You don't seem to have married a 'Newbie.' ;)

• Administrator

You know let me write in the best words I can write with. I can give you the many ways to do what you want but they would eventually become useless as anythin you do against the trust will only result in more suspicion and more problems.

You know let me write in the best words I can write with. I can give you the many ways to do what you want but they would eventually become useless as anythin you do against the trust will only result in more suspicion and more problems.

Like I just mentioned, I thought this is a Technology Talk forum, if you can offer many ways to do something, post it! enough of this mikey mouse crap or maybe you just don't know

Like I just mentioned, I thought this is a Technology Talk forum, if you can offer many ways to do something, post it! enough of this mikey mouse crap or maybe you just don't know

That's not a very polite response ume123 :( . Please read the forum rules (... posts should be positive and polite and where ever possible constructive.)

• Administrator

What do you mean by "for the first time"? :lol: . ANW thanx. :)

@ume123

u wanna record what ur spous does at ur computer.

here are some software's that may help u achieve this

http://monitoring-software-review.toptenreviews.com/

Edit: if u dont want ur spouse to know ur using one of these,most of them come with stealth mode(invisible mode) :D

@DKT

for the first time = pehli dafa = joke :ph34r:

• Administrator

Dafa charso beees (420) :lol: . Constitution Act 420. ;)

Are you sure you can use a keylogger and not have your spouse discover it? My sisters ex-husband tried that, she is a newbie (wouldn't know a thing about disabling autocomplete, etc...) but still she discovered that... by accident... I helped her remove it.

So, are you sure you could hide it succesfully?

i dont spy or hopefully in the future wont spy on anyone :lmao:

But the description at some says it does hide :alien:

for example:

SpyAgent has an excellent stealth mode feature. If you don’t want anyone to know the application is running in the background, the stealth mode allows you to completely hide the application. You can’t even see the application running when you display the Windows Task Manager, by way of the CTRL–ALT–DELETE combination. It is easy to re–display the application with certain hotkey keystrokes that you can customize for easy remembering.

Are you sure you can use a keylogger and not have your spouse discover it? My sisters ex-husband tried that, she is a newbie (wouldn't know a thing about disabling autocomplete, etc...) but still she discovered that... by accident... I helped her remove it.

So, are you sure you could hide it succesfully?

thats why i wrote in the topic about not installing third party software, I can find a way to hide it but it would show in the running processes in task manager. I'm going to go with karachidude link. thanx to all for your advice

i dont spy or hopefully in the future wont spy on anyone :lmao:

But the description at some says it does hide :alien:

for example:

SpyAgent has an excellent stealth mode feature. If you don’t want anyone to know the application is running in the background, the stealth mode allows you to completely hide the application. You can’t even see the application running when you display the Windows Task Manager, by way of the CTRL–ALT–DELETE combination. It is easy to re–display the application with certain hotkey keystrokes that you can customize for easy remembering.

I've read about spy agent and it seems pretty good. I don't like the thought of spying either but in this day and age of cyberspace and over 50% of all marriages ending in divorce I'm sure some of you out there can relate.

@ume

i hope ur spouse isnt cheating on u,and things get better for u

My best wishes :)

I would state that yes its quite simple to spy on someone.. But if your going to do it you need to really understand things on a level where you don't have to ask people for help or its going to be you feeling around in the dark, trying to do it.. You want to become a hacker.. fine.. Do a web search for what your looking for and you should come up with several results for this type of software, in fact they used to be so prevalent it wasn't even funny.. until a guy actually was going as far as hunting his wife down with GPS, using satellite.. He also found her out; not guilty of cheating.. but more taken by surprise at the level of insanity in the situation.. In his 'fit' of rage he killed her in front of three witnesses.. right there on the street..This occurred about 4 or 5 years ago. Since then there have been a decrease of commercially available programs geared in this direction. Most of this is done through being the system and network administrator in a business environment, in which case you do not have freedoms protected under the law and all activity can be monitored. Things like this are quite easy if you already have the experience. Really though this violates freedom, rights, and trust.. regardless of what people say or think they have a right to do.. its not really about going to prison here.. Your concern should be elsewhere..

I would say however if you have trust issues, I would think about self analyzation before you even start to accuse and be paranoid.. If something has thrown you off thus far and made you suspicious.. then maybe you should address this issue by talking with your spouse. If there is no trust between you or you got married before there was ever a bond or trust built between you, and you don't even know one another under all levels life will push you then... The two of you will have yourselves to blame for the outcome.. and lets remember that you yourself will also become quite scrutinized after this point and your individual freedoms will also be taken from you within the household.. Things of this nature introduce something that you do not want to take hold .. unless you are looking to leave it, and even at that you wind up looking over shoulder; guilty or not for who knows how long.. every little thing that goes wrong seems to spark a complete episode mentally that just runs all out into some point that you couldn't even recognize as yourself. This can occur for them as well.. but the situation becomes unavoidable and quite mentally abusive of one another..can also start to involve the family, authorities and spill on out to something you never wanted.. So think about it first.. You may never have the chance to do the right/wrong thing again.. ( meaning that you may not have a second chance ) Yo have things that are bothering or issues its best to deal with them instead of letting it smolder until it becomes napalm inside, rather you need an personal investigator or a psychologist.. Or just need to lower the stress level in your life to keep from blowing your top at the drop of a hat..

If they are surfing online looking around on X-mas and you get suspicious because they try to hide something.. maybe you should think about gifting them, and not creating a nightmare and turning their life upside because they are thinking of you. Its not a good thing to be punished for doing things that make a relationship work or exist in a normal world/life..But you have listen and communicate between the two of you.. ( which is something else you should think about ) A lot of life changes can alter how we react and what we need as people.. You have to be ready to change with some of these factors and make room for other people as well, as be able to let people know what kind of room you need yourself, or what you need from them.. consideration is a part of love as much as everything else...

EDIT: And I doubt if your going to see posted instructions on doing something like this, even on a Tech Forum.. This is a Software Forum.. but you don't find malicious files posted... nor hack tools for infiltrating and committing crimes.. or even using Bot Networks..

@umen

Could you try not to double post, please use the Edit button to edit your previous post ;)

Also I kind of have to disagree with your comment regarding the technology talk forum, it is indeed true that we, as a community, are mainly aimed at software and anything that's got to do with it but that doesn't mean you can just call in our help on any occasion. Let's say someone wanted our help to hack into some kind of database, help that would lead to the ruining of many lives, a terrorist attack, maybe, we would try to discourage(read: 'tell him to get the f out of here') him. Obviously these two aren't comparable, but in a way this does properly explain why most of us didn't just answer your question but answered the underlying question as well, you see?

Archived