Is Intel Chipset driver necessary?

Sylence

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

Yes you should install the driver because it "adjusts" the Operating System to install the drivers for the remaining hardware, many times without the chipset drivers the installation of other depending devices will fail.

Edit: I recommend doing this on a fresh install of the Operating System, I don't think is that important on a already installed system...

Conversely to above, you do not need to install it if your system has found or Microsoft has found suitable drivers for your system that are working properly and you are not having problems.
You may need to replace some driver, or if you yourself want to replace some of drivers, do it.
But if you have doubts, install it.
Usually you have no help of it,.... but your heart is satisfied. If that's enough, it's fine.
Install always what You need, but not all junk, what is recommended.

What about the drivers coming with the motherboard, or the updated drivers from the maker?

Who knows better how the chipset, and other components are used/put together?

Israeli_Eagle
16 minutes ago, mp68terr said:

What about the drivers coming with the motherboard, or the updated drivers from the maker?

Who knows better how the chipset, and other components are used/put together?

Sorry, but most almost never update these drivers!
Usually only BIOS and some other drivers which are not standard. But for example CPU and Chipset are better recommended from the main makers (Intel or AMD).

2 minutes ago, Sylence said:

Thanks everyone,

my mobo manufacturer, MSI, doesn't update the chipset as regularly as Intel does.

Exactly... Most never update these, same problem at Asus and the others.

4 hours ago, Israeli_Eagle said:

Exactly... Most never update these, same problem at Asus and the others.

Indeed, agree, but it's maybe because they don't need to be updated much.

An updated intel utility does not always mean an updated driver for a specific chipset, have to check the changelog. Reminds me an updated driver for the video part, at some point it broke the video, had to go back to the old driver.

Israeli_Eagle
22 minutes ago, mp68terr said:

Indeed, agree, but it's maybe because they don't need to be updated much.

An updated intel utility does not always mean an updated driver for a specific chipset, have to check the changelog. Reminds me an updated driver for the video part, at some point it broke the video, had to go back to the old driver.

Can happen, most probably because display drivers not part of a good motherboard. :whistle:

6 hours ago, Sylence said:

Intel Chipset driver

https://necacom.net/index.php/intel/chipset/12222-intel-chipset-device-software-version-10-1-18228-8176-whql

I'm using latest version of Windows 10, sometimes after a clean install i install that driver but sometimes I don't, i wanna know if installing it has any advantages?

what are your personal experiences?

not so much use.. leave it as it is..

btw u  ex adult film star . ohh hooo 😁

Archived