Can Someone Please Test...

Samurai

• Replies 10
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh this is just great. I knew this would happen. This has really p****d me off!! Aside from the fact that I donated (even though it was only $10) they should have used some of this cash to secure a better host in a country that wasn't the US. This is because the RIAA or MPAA had named their site as one that was due to be taken down. I'm not sure which.

Unbelievable!

NZB Zone Closes Due to MPAA Legal Action

April 21, 2006

Drew Wilson

While it was only untill recently that NZB sites and the MPAA (Motion Picture Association of America) locked horns, NZB sites seemed to be able to keep out of the sites of legal pursuit. Now it appears that NZB sites are becoming no more immune than BitTorrent sites. NZB Zone has shut down allegedly because of MPAA action.

Recently, NZB Zone has shut down. A note was left stating, "no details other than what I heard from admin, MPAA involved"

It was only earlier this year that NZB sites were under possible legal threat of copyright authorities. While TVNZB has merely changed ownership and despite claims that they'll be open in a week, TVNZB has yet to re-open.

According to a press release (PDF) earlier this year, NZB-Zone.com BinNews.com and DVDRs.net were all named in a list of sites that were under legal pressure from the MPAA. Why only recently NZB-Zone has closed is a question that is thus far unanswered. Details are currently scarce, as Slyck is currently looking into the situation.

http://www.slyck.com/news.php?story=1157

Thanks for the update. Interesting to see other people's views as well. As this was the main site for NZB's, I'd better get looking for another decent one.

What we need is a good NZB site like NZB Zone but hosted in a country without copyright laws, because this is ridiculous. Speaking of which, what will the state of the NZB's currently on this site happen with? Isn't the server hosted in the US now?

Damn I'm so angry!

LemonHead2089

so where should we get our NZBs in the mean time. I really dont wana download any headers

Archived