[Solved] Kaspersky or ESET for Windows 10 laptop ?

info999

• Replies 21
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kaspersky is better in detecting and removing  virusses and malware.

But uses more resources then NOD32 anti-virus.

If you laptop is light (low end CPU, less then 8 GB RAM), you beter use Eset NOD32 anti-virus.

both are good...

If still confuse do inki pinki ponky.. and where ever your finger stop use that anti virus..

Use (Kaspersky & ESET)  both for 1 week each & decide yourself.

I have used both, & will choose ESET anytime. Cause of it's light footprint.

I've used 3 antiviruses since around  the year 2000. The first one (I can't remember the name!!) was pre-installed in the computer. Then I used AVG for many years...but I had problems with it when they upgraded the version and clearly said that it was supported by WinXP...it wasn't and it messed up my system...and uninstalling the darn thing was a job and a half. So I've been using ESET Internet Security and I find it does the job......although it "detects" Scrinject trojan in many sites that I have been using for years and I suspect they could be false...but I prefer to err on the side of caution and don't download if I have any doubts.:w00t::w00t::w00t: 

12 hours ago, info999 said:

Guys, need your suggestion

Kaspersky or ESET for Windows 10 laptop ?

If your looking for real protection i would ditch them both and go with SB or SD For the latter make yourself a safe folder so your safe files are still there after restart...Also always keep regular backups Macrium reflect is a good choice and free except for file and folder and redeploy backup..To be honest anti viruses are pretty much old skool now especially when i comes to zero day threats...

Good luck....

Neither. The built in Windows Security antivirus is all you need. Fact. Sure it has "more" false positives, but would you rather have false positives or have it completely miss other things? I've been using it ever since I ditched Avira after having used the latter for many, many years. Zero issues, and the only false positives I have ever gotten was from game cracks.

https://www.av-comparatives.org/tests/real-world-protection-test-jul-aug-2019-factsheet/

19 hours ago, info999 said:

Kaspersky or ESET for Windows 10 laptop ?

Can you, please, share some info on your Laptop?

* Laptop with strong C.P.U. and a lot of R.A.M. > Kaspersky

*Laptop with weak C.P.U. and a less R.A.M. > ESET

Hi,

I've used both of these products and on various devices .I'd say both are amazing, but for me, Eset has always been great on all of my machines. I have one 10 year old PC and Eset does not bog it down. The new version 13.0.22.0 is very light on resources.

Thanks!

Both are great and light on resource.

Kaspersky has free version that is better than most free antivirus software and doesn't come with garbage like some do.

For ESET there are ways to reset trial or use promotions to get 60-90 days licenses.

The only right choice is - neither is needed, even not recommended, if You don't have at all nothing. There are no other choices at all.

Archived